Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Thoughts on My First Sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
R. D. Simpson

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Thoughts on My First Sword         Reply with quote

I received my Crecy on February 25, and then promptly had to leave the country for two weaks. (Ah, the agony!) Now that I'm back and reasonably over my jet lag, I thought I'd post a bit of my reaction to my first sword.

I could say that it handles beautifully, that it flows easily from guard to guard, that it feels much lighter than I expected, or any other of the countless complementary things one reads about Albion's work. And all of those statements would be true. Coming from a first time sword owner, and above that, from someone who had never before handled a real sword, however, such remarks might seem a bit disingenuous.

What I will say, though, is that when I first opened the box and held the sword in my hand I could feel a monstrous grin of radiant joy come onto my face. Even now a smile blooms there as I handle it, though it is now more the small smile of deep contentment.

The sword simply feels right in my hand, as if it always belonged there, as if I am somehow more complete than before I first held it. It is as if the final note has been added to a vast and towering chord.

What marvelous creations are swords, that they fill such a niche in our souls.

Last edited by R. D. Simpson on Tue 14 Mar, 2006 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You picked a nice one for your first sword. Happy I really like the Crecy and actually ordered one (briefly; I ended up changing my order purely for aestethic reasons). It's a classic-looking sword, and it is a joy to handle.
Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jonathan Blair

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I received my own Albion Crecy goodness two weeks before you did. What color grip did you go with on yours? Mine was the campaign worn light brown.
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - The Lord Jesus Christ, from The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, chapter x, verse 34, Authorized Version of 1611
R. D. Simpson

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan Blair wrote:
What color grip did you go with on yours? Mine was the campaign worn light brown.

I went with the oxblood grip. I briefly considered magenta, but it was just a little bit too red for my tastes.
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations on a terrific sword! I was amazed at how easily the Crecy handled with one hand when I first got mine. Enjoy.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Thoughts on My First Sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic