Albion Mark First Generation Kragehul bog sword
WOW! I just found the Albums feature of this website. Ok, enough laughing! :lol: Was there a topic about this amazing sword already? Is there anyone making one like it now? Why does it seem as though Ablion has limited the number of different designs? Was it just simple economics? Were their first generation sword lower quality than the newer models?
Michael;

Try the search function and if this sword is mentioned anywhere in a topic they should all appear one after the other.

Don't forget to look at all the links, reviews, feature articles: I missed noticing a lot of these when I first came to this site. ;) :lol:
Re: Albion Mark First Generation Kragehul bog sword
Michael A White wrote:

Were their first generation sword lower quality than the newer models?

I wouldn't say they were lower quality. Nothing at Albion is low-quality. I think they just wanted their swords to be more accurate in terms of blade geometry, historical provenance, etc. It's briefly explained in the Baron review; or just look at one of Albion's articles on their site.

Yeah, that Kragehul Bog sword was cool. I miss it.
Re: Albion Mark First Generation Kragehul bog sword
Michael A White wrote:
WOW! I just found the Albums feature of this website. Ok, enough laughing! :lol: Was there a topic about this amazing sword already? Is there anyone making one like it now? Why does it seem as though Ablion has limited the number of different designs? Was it just simple economics? Were their first generation sword lower quality than the newer models?

Albion had less than a dozen First Gen swords. They currently have around 40 models in production in the Next Gen lineup. They have a much wider variety these days of almost everything, though they do seem to no longer be covering the Dark Ages stuff like they did with the Migration Type D and the Bog sword. It probably has to do with economics and demand, as well as many other factors we're not aware of. Perhaps they have similar items on the drawing board that we don't know about. Or perhaps demand wasn't high enough, or maybe doing accurate versions of similar pieces would push the price point too much.

As for quality, a case could be made that the First Gens are of lower quality, especially if your definition of quality includes historical accuracy, performance, and attention to detail in shapings, proportions, and cross-sections. The NG's are a product of much more research and design. They've refined (and re-defined) production processes and construction since the FG days. This is not to say that the FG's were bad, only that the NG's are better and more accurate in a variety of ways.

As for just finding the Albums, you've been registered for over 6 months. :) There are piles of resources on this site that have been created through countless hours of work. As has been said before, the forums are one small part of the content available on this site. Please feel free to poke around the rest of the place and make use of the info and tools we have; that's why we've spent the time creating them. :)
As for just finding the Albums, you've been registered for over 6 months

Finding the features is the easy part... Reading them is the fun part... Not feeling overwhelmed by the sheer knowledge base on this site is the hard part... :D
Migration
This is a great sword as I have one in my collection. I believe they are coming out with a new version of it in the future.
Michael-

The Kragehul Bog Sword is very cool! It was my first sword purchase and it is still one of my favorites!!! You may also want to check out Patrick Kelly's review of the Migration Type D in the reviews section. The Type D and the Kragehul use the same blade so you can see some more great pics of a similar sword!

-Tim

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: