Invitation to All for Sunday the 19th
I realize that only a few, who maybe in the Minneapolis area, will able to attend this Sunday, but I wanted to extend the invitation to all. The Minneapolis Institute of Arts will be having their Ford Free Sunday Family Day on the 19th from 11 to 5.

The "Brave Hearts and Martial Arts" Family Day is free and will have several activities and presentations on armor and weapons, their construction and use in the Medieval period. There will be many opportunities for handling and trying on bits of armor and the activities will be open to all ages.

This event is incoordination with an extended exhibit of approximately 17 items from the Metropolitan Museum of Art ranging from an excellent mail shirt and swords to important helmets and exceptional smallswords. A real treat to see these items in the midwest. (watch myArmoury for a review in the future)

The events this weekend will be a great way to introduce your kids to this great part of history. The Oakeshott Institute and Arms & Armor Inc. will be programing several of the activities for the Institute.

Best to all
Craig

Attachment: 40.41 KB
invitepic01.jpg

I SO wish I could be there!
I would so love to be there, but too far from Cincinnati. :(
Sadly, I have duty on the 18th, so I will be asleep all (or most) of the 19th recovering. Of course, the lack of a leave form or plane ticket, and that big body of water between us might also be problems, but that looks like the kind of event I would love to be present for. Thanks for the invitation regardless.

-Grey
This event sounds like a great opportunity for those located within a reasonable distance. I wish I could be there.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: