For Sale: CVA Percussion Lock Mtn Rifle
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I know its a bit different from standard fare on this forum, but I have a 1978 CVA Mountain Rifle that I would like to sell to fund my growing edged weapon addiction :).

Here's the stats:

Based on a discussion with CVA, the gun is a 4 screw patch box serialized barrel that should be a Douglas Barrel. This is the better quality barrel and lock system of its time compared to more recent versions. This was a kit, that has been finished by me. Furniture is primarily blued with a brass patch box.

.50 caliber
32" blued barrel
Approx 48" overall length
Packaging said 1:32" twist
Maple stock
About 9-ish lbs.

I am asking $250 for it including shipping, if you are interedted please PM me as we'll have to figure out shipping logistics and make sure we're not violating any ATF regulations. Continental US parties only please. I will try to get some more pictures up shortly, but my digital camera has been acting up.

Thanks!

Attachment: 5.35 KB
cva mountain.gif

I was able to take a look through the shipping regulations and I am able to easily make this a non firing replica for shipping purposes.

I also forgot to mention that I can take paypal.\

Thanks again for looking!

Chris;

In almost all of the states in the US, and as far as the ATF is concerned, an unloaded muzzle-loading blackpowder arm is not considered a "firearm" for the purposes of regulation. Thus one is able to ship it by common carrier to most states (I think in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey and New York muzzle-loading handguns are regulated, though). However, once it's loaded and used to rob a liquor store, THEN it becomes a Firearm, Deadly Weapon, etc. :D

In any event, removing the nipple from the barrel will effectively make it a "non-firing" replica, I should expect, so shipping it that way is probably a good idea.

Cheers!

Gordon

Thanks Gordon!

I figured that's what I was going to do anyhow from my experience with buying pre made pieces, but having never actually sold one before I wanted to make sure none of the parties involved would get nipped.

Price Drop to $210 including Shipping.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: