Many partings
"I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. I regret to announce… that this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!"
-Bilbo Baggins

Alas, this has nothing to do with the arms and armour hobby, and for that I apologize. I just wanted to take a moment and bid you all farewell. This is a wonderful community, and I shall miss it. The time has come for a long expected deployment. A plane bound for Bahrain leaves within the hour and I shall be aboard. I will spend most of the next six months in the Middle East, doing VBSS missions and whatever else may be required. However, the sea is vast and ships aren't generally known for being stationary. There are always pirates off the coast of Africa to hunt should we get bored guarding offshore oil rigs. :)

If my last trip to the Gulf is any indication, I can't imagine that I'll have any internet access for many moons to come. If all goes well, I expect to return sometime in late Summer or early Autumn.

Farewell.
Best of health, safety, success, and good old fashioned luck to you on your deployment. May you return soon to enjoy the peace of collecting weapons not intended for modern use. :)
Be safe and well during your adventure.
Sam;

Well be careful out there, as careful as one can be under the circumstances.

If you have access to the internet try to keep in touch and let us know that you are O.K. and sort of keep in touch with what is being discussed here even if your participation can only be minimal: It may help keeping in touch with hobbies during down time to preserve a sense of some normalcy or control over one's life. I know during some stressful times in the past posting and reading here was very good for the nerves.

All the best. :D
Hi Sam,

Take care while you are over there. We'll still be here when you come home. Best wishes for s safe trip and stay overseas.

Stay safe and watch your back,

Jeff
Until we meet again ....

Happy Trails, Sam Wise Barris
Be Safe Sam and best wishes,
Sam - As I write this, I suppose that you are well on your way. But know that you are in our prayers.
God speed, sir. Stay safe, serve with honor; I'm sure you will. Keep in touch (if at all possibel) and let us know how you are doing.
Good luck Sam. We'll pray for you. Thanks for serving. :)

Ted
From one former squid to another: Farewell, and fallowing seas.
The LORD bless you, and keep you: the LORD make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: the LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.
Good luck and Gods speed on your way home.
Dunc
Former U.S.M.C
Fair Winds and Following Seas, Shipmate.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: