Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

New peice finished up
Hi,

Here is a fantasy peice, with a bit of Warhammer 40,000 influence. I named it Chaos.

Specs
14 1/2" overall
10 1/4" blade differentially etched (Pattern Weld made by Rick Barrett)
Textured wrought iron guard
Pigskin leather wrapped over a stabilized grip core

Regards,

John

Attachment: 61.8 KB
Chaos.jpg

Last edited by John Gage on Sat 28 Jan, 2006 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Very cool! Looks pretty damn fierce.

Reminds me of those trench knifes of WWI.
Travis Canaday wrote:

It also looks like a fantasy version of a Civil War D-Guard bowie
Now that you mention it... that's what I was thinking of. I forgot that was from the civil war.
You're all crazy. It's a boat anchor. Probably weighs 20 lbs.

Other than that, great job John.

-John Margeson
It sure looks like something a Khorne warrior would be proud to bear into battle. The 40k influence comes across very clearly. Great job.
J. Margeson wrote:

-John Margeson

Hehehe,

Very funny John, it is actually is quite light.
How the heck are ya man? I hope all is well with you.

John
Joachim Nilsson wrote:
It sure looks like something a Khorne warrior would be proud to bear into battle. The 40k influence comes across very clearly. Great job.

Hi Joachim,

Thanks man. You totally get it. :)

John
Roger Hooper wrote:
Travis Canaday wrote:

It also looks like a fantasy version of a Civil War D-Guard bowie

Hi guys,

I didnt realize the similarities. I am intrigued by this and will have to do some looking for some pics of that type.

Thanx,

John
John Gage wrote:

Hi Joachim,

Thanks man. You totally get it. :)

John

Thanks! :)

Und now... Blood for the Blood God!
Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Skulls for the Skull Throne! :D

Very nice, very 40K. Now I wanna see someone do an Ork choppa...
Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Skulls for the Skull Throne! :D

Very nice, very 40K. Now I wanna see someone do an Ork choppa...

Hey Mikko,

Actually i just finished up these 2 OrK Cleavas' for Rick Barrett. He did the blades and i did the cutlering.
Mighty Orky good!!!!!!. :D These 2 were very fun projects. There are better pics on my website.

John

Attachment: 54.97 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 54.86 KB
[ Download ]
John Gage wrote:
Hey Mikko,

Actually i just finished up these 2 Orc Cleavers for Rick Barrett. He did the blades and i did the fittings and the cutlering.

John

Pretty, in a brutal sort of way. :)

Not quite how I'd imagine the 40K choppas - they'd be one-handed, for one, and probably cruder and more tek-no-logik looking if you get my drift - but still, very impressive. More in line with Warhammer Fantasy, though, I'd say (or an officer's power sword for the forces of Chaos, which are basically the same in both settings).

Oh, and BTW... about that knife, forget Khornates. They already have their axes. However, any Raptor worth his jump pack would be honored to have this little meanie. :D
Outstanding! "Chaos" would be right at home in the 40K universe. If I were traitorous cultist scum or one of "da boyz" I'd be proud to have this blade in my kit. John mentioned that it looked heavy and he's right; but that is completely fitting with the look of 40K weaponry. Just about every piece of gear in the 40K universe is overbuilt and excessive in size. That's what makes it so cool!

I don't own any fantasy pieces, but if I were so inclined, this one would be a great place to start. Excellent interpretation!

Death to the false Emperor!
John-

Very cool!!! ......does it count as a power weapon?

-Tim
Scabbard in progress pic
Hi all,

Here is a pic of Kevin Iseli's scabbard. It is in progress at the moment with a bit of work to go on it yet. There is still some tweeking to the design, some metal work and the suspension belts to be done. The scabbard is a bit bulky, armor plated :) if you will, and overbuilt just like a true chaos warriors war knife and scabbard would be. Thanks to everyone for there responses, they were just the kind i was hoping for.

Take care,

John

Attachment: 61.97 KB
[ Download ]
Heyo!

Outstanding piece!!! I love the look. It has that massive, pointy, nasty feel! Well done!

Best,

Matt
DANG MAN!!!! You've gone MAAAD!!!!!
How light is "quite?"

Good to see your stuff is getting out there. Keep cranking out the anchors.

-j. Margeson
J. Margeson wrote:

J. Margeson wrote:
How light is "quite?" Good to see your stuff is getting out there. Keep cranking out the anchors.

This attitude and bashing isn't appropriate for this site. One more thing out of you like this will result in you getting booted from the site. We encourage people to discuss things in a professional and hopefully constructive manner. These comments are anything but that. I'll expect any further discussion of this matter to be made to me only via Private Message and this includes any further public comments in this topic regarding this off-topic tangent.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: