Crete
It looks like my next set of orders are taking me to Crete. :D

Does anyone know offhand the local laws regarding sword ownership? I was planning on breaking my four year sword fast in a serious way this Summer, and still am. Just wondering if I'll have to have them all shipped to my parents house.

Thanks.
Sam,

I haven't the foggiest about sword laws in Crete, but I share your frustration with the aptly named sword fast. For me, though, the poblem is less the host nation, and more the fact that I live in the barracks.

Best of luck to you!

-Grey

Edit: my laptop, which I am forced to use at the moment, is rather a pain. Please forgive the occasional dropped letter or missing capital.

Last edited by Greyson Brown on Fri 20 Jan, 2006 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
You should contact the Embassy of Greece in Washington D.C. They should be able to find out the answer for you.

http://www.greekembassy.org/Embassy/content/en/Root.aspx
Re: Crete
Sam Barris wrote:
It looks like my next set of orders are taking me to Crete. :D

Does anyone know offhand the local laws regarding sword ownership? I was planning on breaking my four year sword fast in a serious way this Summer, and still am. Just wondering if I'll have to have them all shipped to my parents house.

Thanks.

Sam, I am not sure about the laws, but there was some discussion about Albion having trouble importing swords into Greece in this thread, starting at the fourth post.

Enjoy Crete. I went there on vacation, many, many moons ago. Drove from Chania (will you be based there?) to Hora Sfakion to Rethymnon, to Phaistos, to Heraklion over the course of about a week. Tons of history. Got in some trouble sneaking into closed antiquities sites (their union was on strike), drank a lot of Ouzo, did some really stupid things (is there a correlation between the Ouzo and stupid things??). Had a fabulous time!
Hope you enjoy your trip to Crete
It's a great island and the people are terrific.
Beware the ouzo unless you are sitting down and strapped into your chair!
On a more serious note, try to get to the main museum in Heraklion; it has a few swords and helmets that I think are worth seeing.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: