Considering all of this week's latest additions, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
43%
 43%  [ 22 ]
Very Good
50%
 50%  [ 26 ]
Good
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Fair
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 51

Jan 23: myArmoury.com news and updates
Today's update:

[ Linked Image ]
A Visitor's Experience: The Frazier Arms Museum
An article by Chad Arnow

[ Linked Image ]
Del Tin 5149 14th Century Sword
A hands-on review by Patrick Kelly and Russ Ellis

[ Linked Image ]
Hanwei Mortuary Sword
A hands-on review by Bill Goodwin

[ Linked Image ]
Wallpaper: Del Tin 5149 Sword
Created by Nathan Robinson

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.
People interested in more pics from my first visit to the Frazier can go to the Albums section: http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/thumbnails.php?album=191

:)
Chad, are those rondels on the rondel dagger really made of wood? Is it some sort of burly wood? Thanks for the great pics.
Risto Rautiainen wrote:
Chad, are those rondels on the rondel dagger really made of wood? Is it some sort of burly wood? Thanks for the great pics.

Risto,
They are wood, with thin plates of brass sandwiching them in. Sandwiches of wood and metal weren't uncommon, actually. What we see most often are rondel daggers with a single metal disc at each end of a wooden grip. But, there are a number of ones with metal grips and some with wooden grips and sandwiches of wood and/or different metals.

As for the kind of wood, I'm not sure.

There are more pics of it in the albums, though they aren't the best (museum lighting is generally bad for picture-taking as is shooting through glass).

Here's one of the hilt: http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/photo/12769.html
This is a very interesting and valuable piece, Chad. Thanks for taking us along on your visit!
Chad;

Great article! Definitely makes me want to visit the Frazier, and soon!

Cheers!

Gordon
Gordon Frye wrote:
Chad;

Great article! Definitely makes me want to visit the Frazier, and soon!

Cheers!

Gordon

Gordon,
Thanks for the kind words. It's a nice museum and worth a visit of you're in this neck of the woods. I think later-period lovers like you might enjoy it even more than I did.

If you do make it out this way, let me know. I'll buy you a frosty, frothy beverage. :)
Chad Arnow wrote:

If you do make it out this way, let me know. I'll buy you a frosty, frothy beverage. :)

You're on! :D

One more reason to hit Cin City, et al! Plus there's the scrapple, or what ever that cool stuff is... :eek:

Gordon
Gordon Frye wrote:

One more reason to hit Cin City, et al! Plus there's the scrapple, or what ever that cool stuff is... :eek:

Gordon

There's scrapple, goetta, and Greek-style chili. :)
Chad Arnow wrote:

Goetta! That's it! Woo Hoo! I got to spend a few days in Covington a couple of years ago and fell in love with the stuff... but that Greek-style chili souds pretty awesome too... :cool:

Cheers!

Gordon
The Frazier report was very nice, good photo's too. The review of the Mortuary was a welcome one too, I've been thinking of buying the antiqued version as a room-deco piece.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Gordon Frye wrote:

Gordon

Does the Museum in Eden Park still have the Armor & Weapons exhibit? I'm originally from Cincy but haven't been back in almost 30 years.
Dave Davis wrote:

Does the Museum in Eden Park still have the Armor & Weapons exhibit? I'm originally from Cincy but haven't been back in almost 30 years.

Dave,
I've been there once, and they had a very little bit, mostly polearms.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Dave Davis wrote:

Dave,
I've been there once, and they had a very little bit, mostly polearms.

Thats so sad. I remember them having a really good medieval weapons section that included swords, halberds, armor and polearms. A lot of it was Italian and French, if memory serves. But, as I said, that was a looong time ago.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: