MVC-070S.JPG

Attachment: 39.48 KB
MVC-071S.JPG

Attachment: 39.17 KB
MVC-072S.JPG

Attachment: 38.52 KB
MVC-073S.JPG

Those are beautiful! Are they French?
Both very nice! I think I prefer the 2nd one (with the diamond checkered grip). Tell us more about the swords, please.
The first was sold to me as a napoleonic general's sword and the second as a second empire officer's sword. The second, however, is typical of first empire swords in that it has the checked ebony hilt.It also has a first empire crown with florets instead of the eagles one finds on second empire equipment. The pictures don't show the blue and gold applied to the upper third of each blade or the damascus or damascus patterned steel. The only maker's mark is on the second which has "solingen" below some small symbol. Ill try to post some better pictures soon. If you would like some high resolution pictures, e-mail me at tweetchris@yahoo.com. W
William C Champlin wrote:
...The pictures don't show the blue and gold applied to the upper third of each blade or the damascus or damascus patterned steel....
Actually, I did notice the blue and gold on the blades in your posted photos, though I did not see the patterned steel. Congratulations on these fine acquisitions!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: