Photos of my 3 personal longswords
16th Century style longsword "No Ego" by Michael Tinker Pearce

[ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ]

16th Century style longsword "No Dust" by Michael Tinker Pearce

15th Century style longsword "No Enemy" by Albion swords (Brescia Spadona)

Group Photos

[ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ]
Nice swords Lance

I love that Albion Brescia Spadona, i had the opportunity to cut with one two years ago. A phenomenal weapon. Do you have reviews of both of the Tinker swords on your website?

Jean
I've one of the tinker swords reviewed here: http://www.rsw.com.hk/5-swords.htm

Haven't written anything for the latest sword "No Ego" yet. Don't have a plan to write either. hehhe..

[quote="Jean Henri Chandler"]
Lancelot Chan wrote:

Nice swords Lance

I love that Albion Brescia Spadona, i had the opportunity to cut with one two years ago. A phenomenal weapon. Do you have reviews of both of the Tinker swords on your website?

Jean
Nice stuff! Is the engraving on that one an option or did you do that yourself?

M.
Lancelot Chan wrote:
I've one of the tinker swords reviewed here: http://www.rsw.com.hk/5-swords.htm

Haven't written anything for the latest sword "No Ego" yet. Don't have a plan to write either. hehhe..

Any chance of a mini-review background description here? Or did you just post the photos to gloat ?:) What is it based on? Is it heavy? it looks nice.

J
Tinker made the engraving, though I provided some design, including the letters.

No Ego was designed based on the experience of sparring with No Dust RSW. I want a wider blade with sharper edge geometry, like No Enemy. Also, I want a complex guard that will even shield my german thumb grip and asked Tinker to put a pair of lower rings in addition to No Dust's side rings. He researched and found that it was not common to put the rapier's style lower rings on a longsword that has a wide blade. He switched to a more common design that was simpler in construction, and served the same purpose. That's what you see in No Ego's hilt now.

It is 47 inches overall, 35 inches blade, 3 lbs 12 oz and 3.5 inches POB.

M. Eversberg II wrote:
Nice stuff! Is the engraving on that one an option or did you do that yourself?

M.
No Enemy, the Brescia Spadona, is the lightest sword that is for speedy combat against shorter, lighter weapons. The need to engage in bind and wind was less and the relatively simple cross guard reflected that. It relies on void and deflection before the opponent's blade comes close.

No Dust, the medium weighted sword among the three, is the best thruster and the longest in length as well. It's the stoutest as well. It was designed to be able to take on all kind of melee weapons in unarmored combat environment. Side rings were there to protect the hands better during zwerchau, schielhau, bind and wind so that I can enter the range when I am facing longer weapons.

No Ego, the latest sword, is the heaviest one, like a super-charged No Enemy in both offensive and defensive abilities. It cuts the most powerful, featuring the similar edge geometry of No Enemy, but a lot heavier. It thrusts not bad as well, for it's quite stout, though not to the degree of No Dust. It has the best protective ability that it will even shield my thumb when I was using the German thumb grip style. It also allows me to fingering the sword to thrust with longer reach.

So I love them equally, each for a different situation.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: