myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albon homepage problems? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Martin Wallgren

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

peuwh!!

I was scaerd there for a while. Thanx fore the releiving words Mike!

Swordsman, Archer and Dad
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Sigman wrote:
It is problems with the hosting company. We are trying to get it back online as quckly as we can guys. I don't want you guys to go in convulsions out there. Wink

Hang in there and we will be back up as quickly as we can where you can get your "fix" again. Laughing Out Loud

How about making payments? I sthat still possible while the website is down?
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Michael Sigman wrote:
It is problems with the hosting company. We are trying to get it back online as quckly as we can guys. I don't want you guys to go in convulsions out there. Wink

Hang in there and we will be back up as quickly as we can where you can get your "fix" again. Laughing Out Loud

I can still take your money bud. Laughing Out Loud I am good at that.

Looks like it is back online now as well.

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Sigman wrote:
Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Michael Sigman wrote:

I can still take your money bud. Laughing Out Loud I am good at that.

Looks like it is back online now as well.

Yeah, there it is again. LOL. Phew.

You suspect you'll get an e-mail from me later this afternoon. Just have to sort some "stuff" out first.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So is their E-Mail also out of action? I haven't tried to reach Albion yet but as Jonathan said " I just ordered my first sword from Albion " In my case my third. Razz Never miss a chance to mention I just ordered a Tritonia ...... DID I MENTION THAT I ORDERED A TRITONIA. Razz Razz Razz

O.K. I'm just being mean here and I have a long way to go before I have as many as Aaron. Big Grin Cool

Well I was already aware about how many Swords he has from previous topics threads, but " WOA " it's still impressive seeing them all at once !

Aaron, I'm teasing you a bit here but I'm " mostly " in admiration. Cool Cool Cool

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Aaron,

The sword lying on the table with the red grip, to the right of the Viceroy: Which one is that? Looks like a Constable. Question
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Hitchens wrote:
Hey Aaron,

The sword lying on the table with the red grip, to the right of the Viceroy: Which one is that? Looks like a Constable. Question

Hey Edward,

Not Aaron, but that is a Constable. That is one of 3 NG swords still on my wishlist. Wink

Jason Dingledine
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason Dingledine wrote:
Not Aaron, but that is a Constable. That is one of 3 NG swords still on my wishlist. Wink

Thanks, Jason! Yes, it is... nice piece.

Now guys, I appreciate the kind remarks, good- and not-so-good-natured ribbing, hate mail, etc. but I never claimed all of these were actually mine. In the first picture on the rack, the bottom piece is a Gaddhjalt. That's not mine. None of the ones on the table are either. Those pics were from the Round Table I held last July, combining my hoarde with another motherlode from Albion. All the other pieces on the rack are mine, and I have added a few Albion pieces since then... as well as a few other pieces from other makers or custom pieces... thus the exclaimation of "Holy crap, that's a LOT of toys!" and the statement that I need to actually take a "family portrait" of my whole collection... which is now crated up for a move.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron, as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as too many swords, if you can afford them, then enjoy them, it's a passion for what you love. If I were a wealthy man, I'd have one large room set aside for my swords, polearms, bludgeons, axes, armor. If it's what you love most as a hobby etc. then it's well worth investing in, nothing wrong with having or developing a massive collection of high quality replicas, it's your money and you have every right spend it as you see fit, nor should you apologize for such a huge and fine collection.

It's like I said in another post, I have this friend of 25 years, worth a few million, can't part with a buck, to me that is such an empty and meaningless life and to me a total waste.
I have several friends who think I am completely nuts for having spent nearly $7,000.00 in the last 6 months on my newfound passion of my lifetime, I could not care less what they think. The fact is, I do not regret spending one dime on acquiring what I have and I plan on buying a whole lot more over the years as I can responsibly afford them.

Congratulations on building a large and exceptional collection Aaron, I think it rocks!

Sincerely,

Bob
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob Burns wrote:
...It's like I said in another post, I have this friend of 25 years, worth a few million, can't part with a buck, to me that is such an empty and meaningless life and to me a total waste....
Bob, have you ever considered that this may explain WHY your friend is worth a few million? In contrast, you and I and many of our buddies, here, are like fish - unavoidably attracted and hooked to sharp, shiny lures, and we won't ever be rich!
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Well, theres more to it than that, he got a real good start in life, coming from a wealthy family, a wholesome family with parents that many of us dream to have had. Not going to get on a pity pot here, but I had a lot of bad things happen in my life as a child and as a teen caused by my poor excuse of a father who is now dead.

Don't worry, you have not hit a sore subject with me, I can talk about this with ease now.

Every time he got into a jam that was self created there were always the unlimited funds and parental interjections to save him, it's something that myself and several of our mutual friends have tried to explain to him, because we all feel he takes much for granted.

Sorry, I just had to explain this because this is in fact something that has been an issue between him and myself recently. Besides, I have some good financial things on the horizon in the near future and I am most grateful! A lot of people have it a whole lot worse than what I've been through.

I'd much rather be me than him for many reasons, one of those being he is well under the control of his wife who is greedy.

Anyway, back to the topic, I love my swords and though it is very important to be financially responsible, I'd rather spend a few bucks on the things I love than to horde my money. There is not too much I want in life, I don't need fancy or new cars, a boat, motorcycle, or other various toys. Hey, power to those who can have all that, as long as I can buy a fancy sword or other relative weapon now and then, collect books, put together some kind of period clothing in developing a character to portray myself at Renaissance Faires etc., that's about all I want. I am so very grateful to have found this passion that we all share, I love this more than any other interest I have ever had in my life and I know this will be my passion until the day I die.

Sorry if what I said in the beginning of this post disturbed anyone, but it does not bother me to talk about myself when asked, as if I can say something that helps someone else, then I have done a good thing.

Life is good today, I have a very happy marriage and a wife who is very happy for me to have found this interest, she says it's a godsend for someone to discover their true passion.

Celebrate Your Life, because it's Worth It!

Bob

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albon homepage problems?
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: