The pavise
This is pavise by my friend. The pavise is made from wood and covered with leather with of both side.
Best regards Stanislav prosek
www.mac-armour.cz

Attachment: 53.28 KB
paviseI.jpg

Attachment: 79.74 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 79.74 KB
[ Download ]
Very neat.

What is the size?
Joe Fults wrote:
Very neat.

What is the size?

The size is 108 cm X 86 cm
St.
Very impressive work, (same goes for the landsnecht helmet) I'm still trying to figure out, how did you bend the wood like that?
Russ Ellis wrote:
Very impressive work, (same goes for the landsnecht helmet) I'm still trying to figure out, how did you bend the wood like that?
The pavise is made form small plywood patch it up
in the presser from wood.
Stanislav Prosek wrote:
Russ Ellis wrote:

Hmmm not completely understanding you... so it's thin plywood and it was pressed that way? Did you have to steam it or simply wet it? Did you do the artwork yourself as well? What does it say around the edges of the pavise?
Russ Ellis wrote:
Stanislav Prosek wrote:
Russ Ellis wrote:

Hmmm not completely understanding you... so it's thin plywood and it was pressed that way? Did you have to steam it or simply wet it? Did you do the artwork yourself as well? What does it say around the edges of the pavise?

Hmmmm, I am apologize, my english language is horrible!
Yes, the thin plywood was pressed between the two moulds. The plywood is not steam and is not wet . the plywood are very thin.

My translate notice to english language ( I hope,you understand me
:o) : MOST HOLY BISHOP REJOICE, REJOICE WITH
Not to worry Stanislav despite the fact that some of my ancestors came from your part of the world your English is FAR better then my Czech. I think I understand you now. :) Did you do the artwork on the pavise yourself as well? How did you get into (start doing) this sort of thing?
Russ Ellis wrote:
Did you do the artwork on the pavise yourself as well? How did you get into (start doing) this sort of thing?

Russ, please note the first sentence in the first post in this topic: "This is pavise by my friend."
Stanislav,
Your friend is quite the artist! Beautiful work. I could swear I've seen a similar medieval pavisse before... did he base it off an original piece?
Bill Grandy wrote:
Stanislav,
Your friend is quite the artist! Beautiful work. I could swear I've seen a similar medieval pavisse before... did he base it off an original piece?

Here is original pavise.
St.

Attachment: 48.98 KB
original.jpg

Nathan Robinson wrote:

Russ, please note the first sentence in the first post in this topic: "This is pavise by my friend."

Managed to miss that part. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: