Go to page 1, 2  Next

Visiting the Frazier 1/16?
I'm thinking about making another trip down to the Frazier and wanted to see if there was any interest from other forumites to go down their together or meet down there.

I'm looking at 1/16/06, which is a Monday, but also Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday for some businesses and many schools.

Anyone free that day?
Chad,

Sounds like fun. If I can juggle schedule it would be cool to go.
Sounds Good
I'll see if I can get off from work. Sounds pretty cool. I didn't even know this place existed.
Count me in! :D

e-mail sent
Anyone else up for a trip to Louisville? :)

Joe, were you able to juggle things around? If so, shoot me an email and we can work out details.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Anyone else up for a trip to Louisville? :)

Joe, were you able to juggle things around? If so, shoot me an email and we can work out details.

I won't know for a couple of days. I have a large school assignment due on the 17th. If I get a good jump on it this week I should be able to, but if I don't I'll doing homework all day Monday. Is it acceptable if I try to get confirmation to you by Wednesday night?
Joe Fults wrote:
I won't know for a couple of days. I have a large school assignment due on the 17th. If I get a good jump on it this week I should be able to, but if I don't I'll doing homework all day Monday. Is it acceptable if I try to get confirmation to you by Wednesday night?

Joe,
Whenever you know is fine. Not a big deal. :)
Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

Joe,
Whenever you know is fine. Not a big deal. :)

Chad,

Probably not going to be able to make this one. Had some unexpected family things come up and now I'm behind on schoolwork. Looks like I'm going to end up using yet another extended weekend writing term papers.

I really need a barf emoticon!!
Hey Chad,
I think I could square it! I think you're right though; the 16th is a holiday. Will the museum be open? -Ted
Hi Chad & Co.

Any detail shots you folks could get of the Scottish weapons would be appreciated !

Have fun, Mac
Edward Hitchens wrote:
Hey Chad,
I think I could square it! I think you're right though; the 16th is a holiday. Will the museum be open? -Ted

I checked: they are. :) It's a gov't/bank holiday, but many businesses are still open. The museum only closes on Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Thomas McDonald wrote:
Hi Chad & Co.

Any detail shots you folks could get of the Scottish weapons would be appreciated !

Have fun, Mac

Mac,
They have at least one Ferara-marked basket-hilt there. I took tons of pics. Expect more info on the museum and its collection coming down the pike....
Sadly I'm not going to be able to make it Monday :cry: Have fun guys.
take some shots of the 15thc stuff for me!
Nice shots of those 2 baskethilts, Chad !

Here they are next to the photos Mazansky took for his book !

- Mac

1.) Royal Armouries IX.289 (c. 1760)
The only known hilt signed by AC, which has been attributed to Alexander Cameron (1743-76) of Glasgow.
-Mazansky, F15e(AC)

2.) Royal Armouries IX.831 (c. 1770)
* Royal Armouries IX.830 is an identical hilt.
Mazansky, G7

Mac,
I figured you'd dig some of those things. :) It was cool to see.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Mac,
I figured you'd dig some of those things. :) It was cool to see.

Thanks again, Chad !

By the way, was that brass inlaid John Allan basket-hilt (IX-958) still on display there ?
* Photo- Mazansky's book

Mac

Attachment: 55 KB
inlaid JAS.jpg

Thomas McDonald wrote:
Thanks again, Chad !

By the way, was that brass inlaid John Allan basket-hilt (IX-958) still on display there ?
* Photo- Mazansky's book

Mac

I don't remember seeing that one (and I wouldn't have forgotten something like that :)). Was it supposed to have been on display at the Frazier?
Chad Arnow wrote:
I don't remember seeing that one (and I wouldn't have forgotten something like that :)).
Was it supposed to have been on display at the Frazier?

Hi Chad

Yes, at least it was a year or so ago when one of our members, Stephen Fisher, took this pic !
(That dirk was pretty cool too !)

Mac

Attachment: 83.92 KB
RA JAS baskethilt.jpg

Enjoy your trip. Get some good photos for us! :D

Try not to be too Eurocentric. ;)
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: