A question for albion swordsmiths
This is a question primarily for the folks at albion who will very likely be making my next sword when I am able to afford it. I will want a type XI or XII depicted in one of Oakeshott's works to be recreated for me (I know not to expect an exact copy but I remain committed to something as close as it can get). To that end I may want some inlay in the blade as was very commonly seen in historical examples but very rarely seen in reproductions today. Maybe a word or simple design inlayed in copper or brass (maybe lead?). So I know something like this would really raise the price of the piece. So is there any information that would give me a ballpark of the amount to shoot for in terms of saving. I have an Arm's & Armour custom which Jason is currently working on for me that has a copper cross inlay in the pommel that cost only $800. I know that a sword that I would commission could greatly exeed this amount. But I guess I am wondering-- could such an inlayed sword from albion cost over $5000.00 because around that price point I may be forced to adjust my aim as a collector. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Call them and ask the question. Its quick, easy, and they are very friendly! :cool:
Hey Jeremy,

I sent you a PM.
When getting quotes on custom swords, it's best to do that business in private with the sword maker. My completely uninvolved opinion is that you're no where near the $5,000 mark.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: