translation needed for a German expression
I'm translating a text about the "Nebra sky disc". Among the associated finds were also bronze swords. Here ist the original sentence: Die Klingen sind einzigartig aufwendig mit Einlagen aus Kupferdraht verziert (tauschiert), und an den Griffen tragen sie ringfoermige Schmuckstreifen aus profiliertem Goldblech.
Is the anybody who can help me to translate the word "tauschieren"?
You posted this topic five (5) separate times in the historic arms talk forum. I've deleted four (4) of them.

Please read the forum descriptions. This is better placed in the off-topic forum since it does not fit into the historic arms talk forum.

Thank you.
Re: translation needed for a german expression "tauschi
Marcela Becker wrote:
Is the anybody who can help me to translate the word "tauschieren"?

Well, I don't know, but I think tauschiert means "inlaid" so I'm guessing it's a form of that word.
Yes, tauschiert means inlaid, it's a technical term.

Die Klingen sind einzigartig aufwendig mit Einlagen aus Kupferdraht verziert (tauschiert), und an den Griffen tragen sie ringfoermige Schmuckstreifen aus profiliertem Goldblech.

Free translation:
The blades are uniquely and complex ornamented with inlays from copper-wire (tauschiert), the grips are covered with ornament-bands made from gold-sheets.

Please note, that this a free ad-hoc translation. The text contains some expressions that are quite complex, but I think my translation should suffice ;)

Hope I could help :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: