Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Apprentice anyone? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Cole

PostPosted: Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Apprentice anyone?         Reply with quote

Do any quality sword or armour makers need an apprentice? I love the beauty and craftsmanship of medieval arms and armour but I don’t have the resources or background to start out on my own. I would love to work as an assistant to learn a craft in the old guild fashion. So if anyone can recommend a manufacturer that does quality work and can use some help, let me hear about it. I live north east of Philly, PA so I couldn’t travel far unless it was for a paid job. But if there is someone in the area, I would be willing to work for free in exchange for experience for at least a couple hours a week.

Since I can’t afford to buy all the swords I want I hope to learn how to make them Happy . I would also be interested in working other related crafts like leather, woodwork, blacksmith, bowyer, or tailoring provided they were interested in quality and authenticity.

My Resume:

I am already almost finished a butted mail(not authentic) suit including coif and hauberk. I made a scottish targe shield. I have made preliminary forays into historic costume and leather armour making. I have worked several years part time in a modern woodworking/cabinet shop.
I work in a great little but not exacly small museum of religious history in art. (http://www.glencairnmuseum.org) We have an excellent collection of medieval art and a small collection of arms mostly of 16th-18th century weapons. We also have a medieval summer program for 4th and 5th grades.

Pax,
Nathan Cole
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well Nathan , it's not right around the corner but you are welcome to stop by and visit anytime your interested.
Can't gaurantee we'll blow your mind or anything .

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Apprentice anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic