What would be your two top reference books for ancient sword
Hi,
I'm new at collecting swords and when I post a question a lot of people come back with what they found in one of their books. So as a beginning collector myself, I think I should get some reference books. My interest lies mostley in roman and greek but I'm also interested in other BC swords.
I don't know it there are any books out there that just cover that period or that that period would be just a chapter or two in a larger book.
What books would you suggest? I believe a picture is worth a thousand words, so something with a lot of ilistrations would be preferable.

Thanks
Steve Sarak
Have you looked at our reading lists?
http://www.myArmoury.com/books/list.php?mode=showall

Everyone has their top choices clearly indicated.
Thanks for the link,
I didn't know it existed. When I went there and looked under the section I thought would be pertenant "Weapons and Arms" there were a total of 612 titles listed, most for firearms.
Going through 612 titles one at a time then reading a general review dosen't help to much. I'm sure given enough time on my part I could go through the entire list making notes, but for what I'm looking for, I was hoping that who ever reads this, could give me their opion on their top two books pertaining to what I'm looking for.

Thanks again
Steve
Steve Sarak wrote:
Thanks for the link,
I didn't know it existed. When I went there and looked under the section I thought would be pertenant "Weapons and Arms" there were a total of 612 titles listed, most for firearms.
Going through 612 titles one at a time then reading a general review dosen't help to much. I'm sure given enough time on my part I could go through the entire list making notes, but for what I'm looking for, I was hoping that who ever reads this, could give me their opion on their top two books pertaining to what I'm looking for.

Thanks again
Steve

The "Weapons and Arms" section isn't a reading list. That's the entire inventory of Amazon.com under that category.

Check out the individual myArmoury.com member reading lists and what people have to say about the titles contained in them. For further information about the bookstore, read the INFO pages in that section.

This is a pretty good example why I made the bookstore: because I wanted a tool more focused to the needs of this community than the entire inventory of a large bookstore could provide. I hope that our reading lists and focused categories are a good example of the value of this section of the site.
Steve;

If you use the search function you may be able to narrow down the selection to a manageable level. Sometimes you should try different key words to narrow down the search.

You can try Bronze Age or bronze Age swords or Ancient weapons etc ....

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks, I guess I just needed to spend a little more time with it.

When I get a chance I'll browse and try the search engine.

Steve

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: