Go to page 1, 2  Next

My weapon of choice for the day
Here's my blade for the day. It's a Landers Electric Slicing Knife frow the 1960's (i think).
18" long with 9" blades
POB : somewhere behind the blades
ok I didn't get it from Albion, I just used the box as a background.
enjoy the day,W

Attachment: 39.48 KB
MVC-046S.JPG

Attachment: 39.87 KB
MVC-047S.JPG

Well maybe the next next next Generation Albion line after Peter has run out of models to research and design. :p :lol:
I'd feel less guilty about using that to carve the turkey than my Talhoffer. :p BTW, what did the big white box once contain?
Turkey-shigiri, anyone? :D

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Ahhhh...a bastard carving knife with hand-and-a-half hilt. Nice.... :lol: Gobble, gobble! :)
The big white box brought me a bronze sword and a Del Tin blade from the moat sale. W
Re: My weapon of choice for the day
William C Champlin wrote:
ok I didn't get it from Albion, I just used the box as a background.

If Albion did make carving knives, they'd have the Squire line for turkey cutting reenactors and the Next Generation line for folks who actually cut real turkeys. :eek: :lol: I wonder if there's an Oakeshott typology for carving knives? :p

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :) .
G. Scott H. wrote:
I wonder if there's an Oakeshott typology for carving knives?

You might be making a suggestion that we'll all regret. You do remember Peter Johnsson's sword typology that was introduced in April, right? :p

-Grey
:D Made for cut, a Trust will give you a shaky surprise :D
Oakeshott type Ac-HX :eek:

Last edited by Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom on Sun 27 Nov, 2005 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Greyson Brown wrote:
G. Scott H. wrote:

You might be making a suggestion that we'll all regret. You do remember Peter Johnsson's sword typology that was introduced in April, right? :p

-Grey

Indeed! :eek: :lol:

Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom wrote:
Made for cut, a Trust will give you a shaky surprise
Oakeshott type Dc-X

Turkeys are usually lightly armoured, so a good thrusting tip isn't necessary. Broad shearing cuts are more effective. :p :lol:
:p :lol: Good one G! :D
That short cable tells me that it's made for close combat with the Turkeys :p
My blade of choice for today
For a direct attack on prime rib : The Prince.
The best cutter that I have yet used.
We did some cutting on water jugs earlier and I couldn't resist.W

Attachment: 39.13 KB
MVC-048S.JPG

Attachment: 41 KB
MVC-050S.JPG

Attachment: 38.42 KB
MVC-051S.JPG

Re: My blade of choice for today
William C Champlin wrote:
For a direct attack on prime rib : The Prince.
The best cutter that I have yet used.
We did some cutting on water jugs earlier and I couldn't resist.W

Excellent documentation of both the cutting and thrusting ability of the Type XVI ! :lol:
My blade of choice for today
Today's blade is The Laird. Very effective against a lightly armored opponent with slow reflexes.
Merry feasting to all, W

Attachment: 86.14 KB
MVC-134Sa.jpg

Greyson Brown wrote:
G. Scott H. wrote:

-Grey

No...enlighten me?

M.
William,

This is a classic post. Too bad we do not have a place to place comic posts!

I have to say my eyes were drawn from the sword to the prime rib instantly.... looks like it was very good!

We do not get Thanksgivings off here in the UK (strange eh). So we will be doing it with a numebr of friends on Saturday. No swords here to cut the turket up with but I have one somewhere of domestic use for the sword if I can find it I will post it.

RPM
M. Eversberg II wrote:
Greyson Brown wrote:
G. Scott H. wrote:

-Grey

No...enlighten me?

M.

That was a fairly old comment, so I think it is about three Aprils ago, now. I was refering to Albion's April Fool's article in which they introduced Peter Johnsson's typology of swizzle swords (those little plastic things they put in drinks).

-Grey
Greyson Brown wrote:
M. Eversberg II wrote:
Greyson Brown wrote:
You do remember Peter Johnsson's sword typology that was introduced in April, right? :p
No...enlighten me?
That was a fairly old comment, so I think it is about three Aprils ago, now. I was refering to Albion's April Fool's article in which they introduced Peter Johnsson's typology of swizzle swords (those little plastic things they put in drinks).

The article is still online here:
http://www.albion-swords.com/johnsson-typology.htm

Still a good laugh :)
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:
Greyson Brown wrote:
M. Eversberg II wrote:
Greyson Brown wrote:
You do remember Peter Johnsson's sword typology that was introduced in April, right? :p
No...enlighten me?

The article is still online here:
http://www.albion-swords.com/johnsson-typology.htm

Still a good laugh :)

That was epic!

M.
My Weapon of Choice for the Day
It is not bad for William C. Champlin to use a sword to slice a turkey instead of a knife. What do you guys think? Want to try?
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: