James Arlen Gillaspie here!
Hello, everyone, I'm making a much belated entrance. Attached is a photo of some recent work.

Attachment: 80.29 KB
Copy of pisanpair.jpg

James;

Welcome to the site. Great looking work and if you have more to show please do so. :D

If you have a web site we can all go see more of your work don't feel shy posting the address.

I'm sure many here are going to be curious about your work.

And please feel at ease contributing to any topic thread with opinion, knowledge or questions.

( Oh, I'm just another participant and not a moderator. )
James, those look great. Nice work. You had some other pieces on your site that really caught my attention. Lovely stuff.

Jean, his Web-site is listed in his signature and also in the Web Site link at the bottom of each post and in his profile.

Cheers!
Nathan thanks: Must be going blind. :eek: :cool:

And OOOOOOOPS: Another feature that I never used or noticed. :blush: :lol: ( Link to web site at bottom of every post ! )
Welcome James. That's quite the eye-catching pair of gauntlets.
OMG!!!!!!!! Are those gauntlets Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!

Bob
Re: James Arlen Gillaspie here!
James Arlen Gillaspie wrote:
Hello, everyone, I'm making a much belated entrance. Attached is a photo of some recent work.

The scrollwork on that pair is absolutely beautiful!

But, what caught my eye on your website is that German High Gothic suit. Well-executed and quite exemplary, if I say so myself (though I'm no expert at period armour).
Wow...very impressive work. Well done and welcome!

Matt
That is some fine work :cool:
Great looking work! Welcome.
Thanks for the compiments, everyone. I'm a bit leery of accepting much praise for the 'German Gothic' harness, though. I made it fifteen years ago, before I had ever seen any real armour, and it just isn't anywhere near my present standards. I intend to replace it with something much more accurate - well, as soon as someone commissions me to. Sigh. The 'German Gothic' style is my passion, and I know more about it and have more hands - on experience with real pieces than any other style that I've done. Strangely, people always ask me to do things I haven't done berfore, and don't know much about! That etched pair is my first attempt at etching. Quite an ordeal!
James;

Welcome to the forum! I won't complement you on your Gothic harness then... but I WILL complement you on that GORGEOUS late-16th Century suit! WOW! SWEET! (THAT is the one for me! I guess I'll have to look into that home-equity loan after all... :D )

Thanks for showing off all of that beautiful armour, and I hope you enjoy this site as much as I've enjoyed drooling over yours!

Cheers!

Gordon
Mr. Gillaspie, GEEEZ are those gorgous(sp)! I've known you by reputation and drooling over your site for years and some how never managed to realize your right here in Nuke York till you joined here. Those gauntlets are awesome!
Hi James,

Long time no see ! :( Good to see you here and I will look forward to continuing our varied and informative discussions. By the way, please check out the gothic armour topic in the historical discussion forum. I am sure that you can add a lot to it, especially regarding the Maximilian and Sigismund harness'..................... :D

Regards as ever,

Russ

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: