Hello, my name is Dirk
My name is Dirk Authuys,

I hope this is going well since I am no hero on the internet. I am a belgian policeman, plain clothes officer in the homicidesquad and one of my hobbies is history. For the moment I am in the 15th century, were I am a heavy archer in the burgundian army or in the armagnac army, that depends of the scenario for the battle. I hope to finish a 15th century cannon this winter. One of my friends is a professional armourer and this summer I helped him. So for the moment I have an open-face salat, a salat with visor, a gorget, plate shoulders and arms, archers legs, a camail and a mailshirt. I have some bows of course. About my swords I can say that I have two falchions, one of english make and the other is tschek, made by Jiri Krondak. I also have a archers short broadsword and an archers sword with one edge. A couple of axes and daggers. I am also waiting for a reproduction from an arquebuse from around 1470. When I am finished with my equipment for the 15th century I will probably look towards other historical ages. Who knows where I will land, the franks, the viking-age, roman empire, greek falanx, 30 years war. It is incredible what can be found nowadays. I am 47 years old and I can play now as I could not 40 years ago, there was nothing of this kind than, now, you can find allmost anything. As my wife says, I refuse to grow up.
BAH! Growing up is highly overrated and really boring. :) Welcome Dirk!
Welcome aboard Dirk! I too come at this stuff from a historical perspective although I do not reenact.
Welcome Dirk,

Did you say Thiry Years War ? Now your talkin' !
Re: Hello, my name is Dirk
Dirk Niklaas Authuys wrote:

I am 47 years old and I can play now as I could not 40 years ago, there was nothing of this kind than, now, you can find allmost anything.

Hi Dirk
So true!
Geoff
Welcome Dirk!

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys :p
hello
Hello Dirk,
From Belgium eh? The land of the best beer in the world and a professional archer too! Good to have you.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: