Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > 3M updates: Messers, Maurice, Maestro.... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next 
Gary Grzybek

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
Concerning the Maestro Line - the estimated product introduction dates have changed

Lichtenauer - mid 2006

Mair and Epee de Guerre - late 2006

The rest - still TBA

since I put in an order for the Epee de Guerre about a week ago, I am not a happy man Cry

I suppose the Albion folks have too much on their plate right now. I'd hate to see anything rushed so I'm willing to wait.

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gary Grzybek wrote:
Roger Hooper wrote:
Concerning the Maestro Line - the estimated product introduction dates have changed

Lichtenauer - mid 2006

Mair and Epee de Guerre - late 2006

The rest - still TBA

since I put in an order for the Epee de Guerre about a week ago, I am not a happy man Cry

I'd hate to see anything rushed so I'm willing to wait.

I second that. When I get my Knecht I want it to be of the same standard as the other Albion blades I own.

Besides, waiting a little longer just buys me the proper time to save up money for the VAT of 25% that I have to shell out once it hits the Swedish border.
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Man Joachim,
25% that really sucks! I guess I'm lucky to live in the same country as albion.

Jeremy
Daniel Staberg

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Man Joachim,

Jeremy

You have no idea, the sales tax is a real pain when ordering things from outside the European Union. If one is very lucky the Albion Stealth Box wil work and the package will got through without any taxes or customs dues. I got lucky with my Agincourt but got to pay tax&customs on the Poitiers.
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Man Joachim,

Jeremy

Yeah. It can become quite a hassle. Especially when ordering the more pricey pieces. But I take solace from the fact that we are lucky enough to be able to lagally import and own swords. All sword enthusiasts out there aren't so lucky.
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Man Joachim,

Jeremy

Yeah. It can become quite a hassle. Especially when ordering the more pricey pieces. But I take solace from the fact that we are lucky enough to be able to lagally import and own swords. All sword enthusiasts out there aren't so lucky.

Hey Joachim!

I can't say too much about it right now (still in negotiations), but we hope soon to have a distributor in the EU, which may help mitigate some of this.

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Hey Joachim!

I can't say too much about it right now (still in negotiations), but we hope soon to have a distributor in the EU, which may help mitigate some of this.

Best,

Howy

That sounds like an extremely interesting turn of events. It will certainly get those pesky custom's officials off my back. But all in all, I kinda like dealing directly with you guys. Mike is such a wonderful character to be in contact with. Happy
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
That sounds like an extremely interesting turn of events. It will certainly get those pesky custom's officials off my back. But all in all, I kinda like dealing directly with you guys. Mike is such a wonderful character to be in contact with. Happy

Yeah, we need to clone the guy and create a "EuroMike"...

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Yeah, we need to clone the guy and create a "EuroMike"...

Best,

Howy

Note to whom it may concern at Albion Armorers:

When shipping my Knecht -please be sure to include the original Mike Sigman in the shipment as will. Will pay for additional P&P.

Sincerely,
Joachim

Razz
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Note to whom it may concern at Albion Armorers:

When shipping my Knecht -please be sure to include the original Mike Sigman in the shipment as will. Will pay for additional P&P.

Sincerely,
Joachim

Razz

Noted. We'll send along a care and feeding sheet with him as well. (You can get Captain Morgan there, right? A satellite feed for Packer games?)

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:

Noted. We'll send along a care and feeding sheet with him as well. (You can get Captain Morgan there, right? A satellite feed for Packer games?)

Best,

Howy

Captain Morgan: check. There are some stores that have specialized on American products within travelling distance.
Satellite feed for Packer games: That can certainly be arranged upon request. So: check.
Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Hey Joachim!

Best,

Howy

Eek! My prayers have been answered! Big Grin

"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Up here in Canada we don't have customs duties for stuff from the U.S.A. anymore. BUT we do have to pay Federal and Provincial sales taxes as we do for anything bought here. ( Occasionally something slips through without getting dinged by Canada customs. )

Something like 15 1/ 2 % : You get taxed 7% by the Feds and then get taxed on the tax by the Province of Québec 7 % so it ends up being more than 14%.

The good part is that the Canadian dollar is now worth .85 cents American, a couple of years ago it was only .60 cents American: That meant that a $ 1000 dollars American Albion sword would have cost me close to $ 2000 Canadian when adding in the shipping and tax, today my Tritonia purchase will cost be about $ 1200 Canadian.

You guys in Europe can maybe put in your orders " officially " at the European distributor and then still " unofficially " contact Mike anyway if it's making you feel lonely and bug him about your order or send him gift certificates for Captain Morgan that he can buy locally. ( Hmmmmm ...... maybe a good idea. Idea Razz Laughing Out Loud )

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Captain Morgan: check. There are some stores that have specialized on American products within travelling distance.
Satellite feed for Packer games: That can certainly be arranged upon request. So: check.

HEY, MIKE - have a nice trip. I suggest you bring a pillow - those long white boxes might be comfy for a sword, but might need a little extra padding for you. Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Talk about being lucky in regards to shipping or acquisition accessibility, here I am in the rather far western suburbs of Chicago, 17 miles from an internet sword distributer site who happens to carry a few Albions. Though I do not have any Albions "yet", it is just a matter of time and the "Thegn" will probably be my first one. Ya know, I should have been among the wealthy! Laughing Out Loud As I have a wonderful appreciation for the finer things and more than willing to pay the extra money it costs to buy true quality. Laughing Out Loud My God all the custom work I'd be having done!

In all seriousness, you get what you pay for, I have a friend who is very well to do and from a lot of money, can't part with a buck, to me life without passion just is not worth living. Call it envy or whatever, but if I were in his status I sure would not be still waiting to buy my first Albion, that's for damn sure! I'd love to be on the list for the Albion Grosse Messer, boy and howdy would I ever!!! Gonna be a thing of absolute beauty and supreme quality!

I am looking forward to seeing photographs of other members acquisitions of these items and celebrate with them as well as congratulate them on money well spent on something beautiful in life!

Sincerely,

Bob
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joachim and Howie and everyone else,
Please be careful that you don't quote many, many posts in your own responses. People have to look past many lines of text they've already read to find the 2 or 3 new lines.

I'm going to edit down text in your posts so it only quotes the most recent post you reference.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The flow of business and the maturing of a company is certainly interesting to watch. Its unfortunate that delays have come along. It will be interesting to see how Albion overcomes them.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

One thing that I really respect about Albion is that they're constantly putting out new products throughout every year. That takes a lot of work and effort, and inevitably some delays will be involved. Many sword companies, especially smaller ones, might release two or three new weapons in a year, along with making the swords or other weapons that they already have for sale. Consequently, they will have little or no delays with orders, since they aren't trying to develop new weapons. Look at the fall and winter of 2005 alone for Albion and Peter. They released the Agincourt, the Allectus Mainz Gladius, the Pedite Pompeii Gladius, the Aquilifer Fulham Gladius, the Poitiers, the Talhoffer, the Bayeux, the Thegn, the Reeve, the Hospitaller, the Senlac, and the Sword of St. Maurice of Turin. That's 12 swords in the fall and winter alone, a staggering and downright phenomenal increase to their Next Generation/Museum lines. Granted, the shipping for some items has been slow in some cases, but given the number of new swords that Albion's released in 2005 alone, these delays are understandable.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What you said is very true Craig, that is a huge list of swords. But one of my personal pet peeves and this is also one of my character defects as well, is that I am one who gets quite disgruntled by delays and am therefore reluctant to engage into something (hypothetical, whatever it may be) where the element of a delay is likely to happen.

Certainly, this is an area where I need to work on myself and grow, but all the same it is a deterent to me.

When I purchase something, I expect it in a timely fashion, I am not trying to be self righteous, I am only stating this is the way I am.

Definitely it is a monumental task to release that many different kinds of swords, I fully realize that.

Sincerely,

Bob
David Etienne

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:

Hey Joachim!

Best,

Howy

Hi Howard,

It's a good news, as a EU-based distributor will be a more convenient solution for us, Europeans. Now concerning the tax issue, I'm not sure that it will resolve everything : it's the distributor who will pay the import tax instead of the buyer, and the buyer will pay it in return. A single white box can from times to times pass the customs duties unhurt, but what about a larger shipment, or regular shipments from a dealer who has a VAT-number?
Anyway, I'm sure that this initiative will have positive points. I just hope your contact lives in Belgium Wink

Cheers,

David

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > 3M updates: Messers, Maurice, Maestro....
Page 4 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: