Something new...
I've always got someone who wants me to try something new. In this case the customer wanted just a belt complete with a belt plate and a belt tip. I ordered the metal hardware from my usual supplier and then the waiting started. Then the waiting continued, and continued and continued... my poor customer was wondering if he was ever going to get his items. Finally I broke down and decided to try my hand at this sort of thing myself. Here are the first results. I anticipate these getting a little more refined over time, perhaps with some decorative work, but for a first off I don't think it turned out just awful. Interestingly this is the exact same reason I got into the scabbard business in the first place... I had ordered a scabbard and got tired of waiting... :)
Not bad Russ!

One question though....is the plate that is connected to the buckle overlaped? Here's a link to the Legio XX armoring info. Using this techniques gives a more historically accurate (at least for us Roman-ophiles) belt plate.

I made a roman belt with plates similar to your belt plates

[ Linked Image ]
LegioXX Balteus
Hey Chuck, yes it is over lapped. That's an interesting diagram there and also what a pain to make. :) This one is for a medieval piece and I've seen a couple of examples like it, but do not know if it was the norm or not. Hmmm more research is required I think...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: