Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Sword of St. Catherine Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Joel Whitmore

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: What a beautiful sword John         Reply with quote

I think this sword is a beauty. The scababrd is gorgeous and the fittings all look top notch. As far as the handle is concerned, it's difficult for me to say it's "too" anything without knowing the width of the blade. While the proportions may not sit with what some here think are "historical" ones, I think it looks quite nice. Frankly, as long as it fits the hands of it's owner, to me the point is a moot one. If one peruses John's site you will view swords with proportionally smaller handles. I think the Slice 3D is one beautiful sword!

John you work seems to be getting better and better. LOL the analogy that come to mind when I think of you is Prince. The man seems to live to make music and put sout more than any artist I know of. Same with you buddy. You seem to porduce high-quality , gorgeous work of varying types with an unusual output. As Nathan said this is refreshing in the custom industry and it's fun to see your pieces turn out so beautiful in the amount of time you take to make them. So if you are feeling Delirious or if you feel like the Purple Rain is spoiling your Parade, just remember to think John, Baby I'm A Star!

Joel
P. S. I coudl nto help myself on the Prince references Laughing Out Loud
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joel wrote:
As far as the handle is concerned, it's difficult for me to say it's "too" anything without knowing the width of the blade. While the proportions may not sit with what some here think are "historical" ones, I think it looks quite nice.

I find it interesting how my initial observation has been largely misconstrued by people's willingness to make assumptions. My comments on the sword's grip had nothing to do with comparing it to "historical ones" or anything else. I don't believe I ever made an historical comparison. John asked for opinions and that opinion was based totally on my own personal aesthetic preferences, nothing more. When a person asks for an opinion I think we owe them more than a "Gee, ain't that neat" response. To my eye a narrower scabbard that more closely mirrors the blade's profile, as well as a slightly thinner grip that compliments the guard and pommel instead of over-riding them, would help the sword's look.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well I am not much for grey, but I gotta tell ya that is one beautiful sword and I like the grip the way it is, lotta power feeling in that grip, looks as though it would feel extremely secure and solid in the grasp.

Thanks,

Bob

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Sword of St. Catherine
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: