For Sale: Lamellar armor
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hello friends,

I picked this hardened leather lamellar cuirass up off Ebay over the summer, thinking to use it as a base for an early Turkic costume. The measurements are several sizes above me, and the plan was to modify it by removing lames until the right size was attained. However, being between apartments, between jobs, and between grad school programs, I've found myself without the time or resources to attempt these alterations and so have decided to see if there's any interest in it from one of my more manly colleagues here.

The maker of this piece is Torvaldr's Leatherworks -- http://skaldic.com -- which has a solid reputation for leather armors. As seen at this link http://skaldic.com/Pages/bodyarmory.htm, the base price for a similar one of these is US$325+35 s/h. I'm hoping to move it for around US$260, shipping included CONUS.

The armor is extremely strong and thick, a very solid defense which compares favorably with full plate. It looks great and completely authentic for many cultures and time periods of Eurasia, and I'd be perfectly happy to keep it if not for the size issue (and the lack of time to address it).

If interested, please let me know via PM here or at ruelm@hotmail.com. I can do Paypal, checks, or MOs.
Thanks for looking, ruel
size?

hello. what size is it now?

Hi Mike,

I estimate at about mid-40in range for the chest -- tough to say exactly because I haven't found anyone that size to put it on for the measurement (ie. to fill out its frame) and also since the adjustable straps could probably add another couple inches. My chest is a slight 39", and there are several inches of space on all sides -- I could probably wear two thick winter coats underneath the cuirass comfortably... :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: