Alabama Renaissance Festival
The Alabama Rennaissance Faire is going to be happening October 22 through the 23. Are any myArmoury people planning to attend? Its held every year at Wilson Park in Florence, AL. Not a bad little event.
I'll undoubtedly be there. I think I've been the last three or four years. In some ways I'm not sure why I go. Perhaps its sort of that train wreck mentality -- I can't look away. Perhaps it's the buried hope that I might find a craftsman of note. (I do sometimes pick up some decorative elements there) Perhaps its just because it's kind of fun to see the weird wackiness.
Let's see some pics of the event!
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Let's see some pics of the event!

You've got it boss. I DEFINITELY hope that 6' 5'' girl in the leather with the batwings puts in another appearance. I'll certainly take her picture (assuming that her picture can be taken of course). :)
That 500 miles is too far for me to go for a weekend faire, unfortunately... even for a sighting of Batgirl. It's almost too far for me to go for the Texas Ren Fest, but I'll probably make the trip one weekend.

Still, though... hope you guys do have a good time, and any pics would be fun to see.
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
That 500 miles is too far for me to go for a weekend faire, unfortunately... even for a sighting of Batgirl. It's almost too far for me to go for the Texas Ren Fest, but I'll probably make the trip one weekend.

Still, though... hope you guys do have a good time, and any pics would be fun to see.

At 6'5" you better call her bat woman if you meet her!! :cool:
I think I'll just call her "Ma'am." I forgot to mention the little band of troglodytes she had surrounding her. I'm pretty sure one actually had a bone through is nose.

There was also the girl that had a tail. (alright you wiseacres I mean a real tail with fur and everything) anyway I'm not sure what she was supposed to be... but some guy was throwing a stick.... and she was retrieving it... in her mouth....
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

Hey Aaron,

My wife and I are flying down to Huston with some friends for the TRF on the weekend of Oct. 8-9. (It's nice to have a friend with a plane) It would be great if you could make it. Unfortunately that's "fantasy weekend", sigh........................

Hope all is well.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Hey Aaron,

My wife and I are flying down to Huston with some friends for the TRF on the weekend of Oct. 8-9. (It's nice to have a friend with a plane) It would be great if you could make it. Unfortunately that's "fantasy weekend", sigh........................

Hope all is well.

Things are coming together nicely, brother! Watching Rita now, but hey... ;)

I was really hoping the timing would work out for the TRF. That weekend is the first weekend of my next time offshore... figures. That 50/50/90 rule of working offshore.... On a 14 on / 14 off schedule, one would think you would have a 50/50 shot of being in for things, but it seems that 90% of the time, you're offshore when stuff happens. I still don't know what my schedule looks like as far as making the faires (TRF and LARF both).

As for "fantasy weekend", well... you could always superglue some plastic horns on that nice period helm of yours... :p

Really hope the trip turns out to be a good one.
Aaron wrote:
As for "fantasy weekend", well... you could always superglue some plastic horns on that nice period helm of yours...

Hmmmmmmmmmm............. :D
[/quote]
Man, I'm away from the computer a day and this thread explodes!

Dang it Russ, how in the world have a missed you down there? I've been going since around 98. Yeah, miss batgirl is a trip.

:eek:
Aaron, yeah, I wouldn't go 500 miles for this one either. Its not the most spectacular enent but its close and reasonable good.

I think this is their offical page. http://www.alarenfaire.org/
If it were only 100 miles or so, I'd be there... Events are always fun, especially when you can get a group together.

Again, hope you guys have a good time!
Adam Welch wrote:
Man, I'm away from the computer a day and this thread explodes!

Dang it Russ, how in the world have a missed you down there? I've been going since around 98. Yeah, miss batgirl is a trip.

:eek:
Aaron, yeah, I wouldn't go 500 miles for this one either. Its not the most spectacular enent but its close and reasonable good.

I think this is their offical page. http://www.alarenfaire.org/

:) It wouldn't be that hard I'm pretty low key and I'm only there as a visitor I don't have a booth.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: