A beautiful new Seax by Vince Evans (available at BSW)
Here's another beauty that will be for sale at Vince's table ..... Mac

Seax - 7-3/8" Composite Pattern Weld Blade, Oosic Grip, Bronze Fittings.

* Will be available at Blade Show West, Portland, Oregon, September 30-October 2, 2005. Price: $500.

Vince has also listed the prices for what he will have on hand in this Album ! (just click on the pics to view the prices).

Attachment: 80.37 KB
seax VE.jpg

Attachment: 94.52 KB
Seax 2 VE.jpg

Something tells me that won't last 30 seconds on his table.

Brian M
Do you really think it wil even make it that long?

I figure somebody will be standing at the table waiting to snatch it up.
Joe Fults wrote:
Do you really think it wil even make it that long?

I don't. I had immediately thought of asking Vince to let me know if it doesn't sell. Then I thought, "Why bother?" There's no way that's going home. I love this one, particularly the work on the sheath.
A fine work of art...

But I always get ooged-out gripping and oosic grip.

ks
Pardon my ignorance, but what is oosic? It's a nice seax, but then so is everything else I have seen made by Vince.
J. Padgett wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is oosic? It's a nice seax, but then so is everything else I have seen made by Vince.

Oosic is the penile bone of the walrus !

Goo goo ga joob ;-) Mac

Last edited by Thomas McDonald on Fri 16 Sep, 2005 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomas McDonald wrote:
J. Padgett wrote:

Oosic is the penile bone of the walrus !

Goo goo ga goob ;-) Mac

Ouch! Now that has got to hurt.
That is one lovely seax.
No I don't think it will sit on the table very long.

dave
I particularly like the accurate composite pattern welding on this one. Too many makers use pattern welding for aesthetic effect alone. It's nice to see more and more makers turning to the funtional aspects of this feature. If I could make it to BSW, and beat the groupie vultures, this one would find a home with me.
Now that's really nice. Balanced, simple, beautiful blade patterns and overall shape. Love the scabbard too. The scabbard reminds me a lot of Toddstuff's leather work over here - similar quality and style. The only thing I don't like is the connection between the scabbard and the belt loop - looks a bit like a safety pin. Hmmmm. I feel credit cards fidgeting in my wallet, which is unusual for me for a piece of this type and a modern piece. But then again for geopgraphical reasons no chance I can make it to that show. Sweet, though.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: