Schwert Sword on sale at MRL, $85
I was looking on the MRL website today, and they have the Schwert sword on sale for $85.00 (w/out scabbard). It seems to be a pretty nice looking and clean sword. Does anyone know anything about this particular Windlass/MRL model and the history/era of this type of sword? Thanks!
I saw this too, and think it is a real steal. I don't really care for the hilt, but at $85 I think this would make a nice purchase for a home improvement project just for the blade. *Starts looking for change in the couch cushions*
The hilt reminds me of a crappy "poor-man's" Albion Prince....which is a about $600 above my price range. :cry: :cry: :cry: But I have to say, I hope to get that(the Schwert) or the Albion Moat Sale Pear Stalk cabasset helm for $ 65...I love Elizabethan armor :). It'll probably be the helm...although I'm curious as to what defect has cast it into the moat sale...
D. Rosen wrote:
The hilt reminds me of a crappy "poor-man's" Albion Prince....which is a about $600 above my price range. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Actually, MRL's Sword of Granson is based on the same Type XIV (not XVI) that Albion based the Prince off of. The hilt of that Type XIV sword became the Prince, elements of the blade (the double fuller mostly) seem to have made it into the Sovereign's blade.

The original sword is pictured in our Type XIV spotlight:

[ Linked Image ]

Not the best picture, but it's the same sword. :)

Here's the MRL version:

[ Linked Image ]
MRL is now sold out of this item.
MRL sword offers...
They may still have the 'Battle Sword' though, this is also on offer at only $90 !

http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/showpr...Position=9

Good luck.

Regards as ever,

Russ

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: