Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Join the Celebration of the Next Generation Anniversary...
Two years ago today we announced the first of the Next Generation sword line...
To continue celebrating, we are extending the NextGen sale for another month -- $100 off all NextGen swords (even those not in production yet) until September 20th, 2005.

In addition, we are giving you a sneak peek at the next Name That Sword contest -- not all of the swords are up yet, but this will give myArmoury members an early start. (and yes, the first two swords have a hollow-ground blade inspired by Xa.1 in Records...)

http://www.albion-swords.com/sword-contest.htm

Best,

Howy
WOW!
Me likey! Me likey mucho!
I think I will have to get #2 and #4. Trouble is fitting these new ones into my budget somehow.

Brian M
I'm definitely going to have to buy number 2. Now if only I could think of a name for it, and get a hundred bucks off! :D
So that pimped site will be more pimped, lots of bling bling will come :cool: :D
Oh man! Sneak peek!, i like that nr1 Xa so far :)
What does that make now?

I think 4 product lines with somewhere between 40 and 45 models in the announced development pipeline now. Maybe 35 +/- more models in production?

That's a whole lot of stuff in a fairly short time.
The new models look really interesting. I'm glad to see a few of them are not Oakeshott types like most of the other model, as many originals were'nt neccesarily in the typology. For a name... this is going to take some time! Just stop planning so many models you have enough on your hands already! :D Now there's even more to look forward too.
It's great to see some of the more unusual pommel types being put into production. I'd love to eventually see a Type XII blade w/a Type P pommel and a Type XIV blade w/a Type N pommel. . . hint, hint.
Those are all beautiful designs Howy, and I particularly like #'s 1 and 4, but I'm still waiting on X.15, pg. 34 of Records.
Sweet!

Ya gotta love them fluted pommels :D
3.Landesknecht #1 please! I think the Doge is going to have a run for its money with this one. I'm loving it all together to much. :eek:
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Those are all beautiful designs Howy, and I particularly like #'s 1 and 4, but I'm still waiting on X.15, pg. 34 of Records.

Yes, that is one of those really good ones. I always treat myself with a moment in front of that one when I am in the British Museum. Returning to it over the years, it still grows on me. Subtle and rich.
It shares that quality of character with the Xa.1 in Records, the supposedly French sword from the Wallace Collection.
I´m realy looking forward to develop a NG version of that sword.
Re: Join the Celebration of the Next Generation Anniversary
Howard Waddell wrote:

http://www.albion-swords.com/sword-contest.htm

:eek:

*squeals in delight*

:D

geez...

#'s 3 and 4 look like they can split a large man straight down the middle...
Anyone care to post a pic of X.15? I really need to pick up a copy of Records.
Howy, if you care to answer this, will there be a Museum Line version of the Xa.1, or is the NG version likely the only one we will see?

Brian M

Last edited by Brian M on Sun 21 Aug, 2005 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian M wrote:
Anyone care to post a pic of X.15? I really need to pick up a copy of Records.

Brian M

[ Linked Image ]
How big are those Landesknecht swords going to be approximately?
[ Linked Image ]

:surprised: Yeah, I'd buy that one.

Brian M
Huh, and I just made a name suggestion to Mike, too. Oh well, mine doesn't really fit any of those anyhow.

I notice that number 1 has the fancy diapered design that you don't see very often. That will be really nice. For the sake of the person doing the grip wrap, I hope it is not done with decorative knots. I've been working on one like that, and it takes forever!

-Grey
I have always been confused by Oakeshott's discussion of Xa.1 (p. 37 of Records). He has two swords on the page and seems to be writing about Xa.2 for most of the page, but then I realize that he is writing about Xa.1, and 2 is just a hilt that he is using for comparison.

When people have discussed a reproduction of this sword, I have heard of the very complex geometry and the associated cost. Howy - are you guys going to be able to bring this one in under $1000?

Looks nice - you all sure don't rest on your laurels - do you?

Gordon
I'm really starting to like these Name That Sword contests! I'm getting pretty good at them (though I have yet to win one :p ). All of those look great. I love looking at Peter's sketches.

Of these new ones, #2 is my favorite.
Ted
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: