I made this axe for a customer, but it did not turn out quite the way I intended. It is not quite the shape that the customer was wanting. It has a few other minor issues: it is slightly on the thin side (emphasize: slightly). But overall this is good axe that is historically based with a very sound construction. This axe will provide many years of happy raiding, pillaging and plundering

It is forge-welded together. I forge-welded a mild steel socket to a mild steel body then forge-welded 1095 (high carbon steel) to the edge. The goal was to create a historically accurate axe using the same construction that they would have used. It is a smaller axe: 4.25” from top of the blade to the bottom of the blade.

Though it is not quite what the customer wanted, it is not a bad piece. I didn’t want to just throw it in the corner so I thought I’d put it up here and see if someone was interested. It still needs some finish grinding and polishing, but I won’t do that unless someone wants it.

I am offering it at large reduction in price. $350 for the axe head alone and $450 to have me put a plain haft on it (Hickory or Walnut). I can take paypal (add 3% please), and domestic shipping, packaging and insurance is $25. International shipping will have to be determine at the time of sale.

E-mail me at eric@albionarmorers or PM me.

[ Linked Image ]