For Sale: Vince Evans "Lowland" hilt
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Custom Vince Evans "Lowland" hilt

[ Linked Image ]
Click image for larger photo

All things considered, this is the best sword I own. It's a custom piece from Vince Evans, a high-end maker who is not taking commissions any longer. He's making what he wants, when he wants to. He's made another "early hilt" like this and I doubt he'll be doing another any time soon. The handling of this piece is absolutely phenomenal. I don't want to part with it. My asking price is a bit high, but I'm putting it up for what it would take to get it out of my hands. I need cash and am willing to discuss payment options, but not an adjustment on the final price.

Circa 1570 — Border region of England and Scotland

This early basket-hilt is inspired by the swords used to protect and march on the borders of England and Scotland. The hilt, finished in a dark plum-brown color, is comprised of various bars serving as protection for the hand. The long quillons are horizontally recurved and terminate in elongated writhen-shaped conical buttons. The pommel is a large hollow sphere with deeply carved vertical fluting. It is made in two halves, brazed together, and is finished with a highly detailed tang button. The grip is tightly wrapped with nickel silver wire.

The blade, made of 5160 steel, is single-edged and has two fullers, one extending nearly the entire length to the point.

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]

Click image for larger photos

Overall length: 37.75"
Weight: 2.6 pounds
Width of guard: 8.25"
Blade: 31.5" long; 1.25" wide tapering to .75"
Fullers: 26" and 31" long
Point of Balance (PoB): 2.625" from guard
Center of Percussion (CoP): ~21" from guard

Has a wooden-cored scabbard covered in black leather with burnished steel fittings made in the style of a surviving antique of the same period.

Excellent condition. I've allowed the steel parts on the scabbard to age and naturally patinate. This gives a more attractive look for me and Vince Evans, the maker, suggested that it would serve to also protect them from damaging corrosion.

ASKING PRICE: $2600 FIRM + Shipping

I prefer PayPal. Add 3% mark-up to offset PayPal fee.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or sent via email. Serious enquiries only.

[ Linked Image ]

I respectfully reserve the right to panic and back out of this offer prior to receiving any payment. :)
CANT BELIVE IT

Folks, I have seen this sword in person and Nathans pics, although excellent, don't do it justice. It is a spectacular blade and the attention to detail is unmatched to any other sword I have seen.

If I only had the money!!!!!

Cheers
Dave Lannon

I'll be out of town until Septemer 3rd. Pending questions on this item will be answered then. Thank you.

I've returned from my vacation.

Thanks to those who have showed interest in this item. I'll respond in the next couple days. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: