This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

For sale is a claymore made by Craig Johnson of Arms & Armor. It's common for sellers to express their regret in parting with a desirable item; this is no exception. I've owned this sword for about 4 years, despite long ago deciding to focus my collection on 10th--early 14th century items: my real period of interest. I've since sold off everything belonging to later periods, except this one, which I've held onto just because I like it so much. The time has come to raise some cash, and I must part with it; in this decision, I'm comforted by the fact that if I miss it terribly, I can always ask Craig to make another one for me!

This is a very large, powerful sword -- about 59" in overall length, 42.5" blade, and perhaps 5.5 pounds in weight. I've cut with it twice, with predictably devastating results. There are pictures floating about, somewhere, of a cut that bisected an entire sheet of 1/4" plywood at Gus Trim's 'batcave'; I had to pull this cut up short to avoid hitting the pavement with the tip of the blade.

As for its history: I've kept this sword clean, polished, and oiled, and it has been trouble-free. The blade is sharp and in perfect condition, with no nicks or dings. About two years ago I tightened the pommel nut 1/4 turn, because the hilt had settled to the point of being slightly 'creaky' when swung (a common problem with claymores, due to their very long hilts); it has been rock-solid ever since.

It comes with an A&A leather scabbard, and a baldric for carrying the sword over a shoulder, or on the back. Note that I write 'carry', not 'draw'... I worked with Craig to create a simple, 'historically plausible' way of suspending the sword -- just to get where you're going, then discard before the fightin' begins. (Edit for clarification: the scabbard is simply tied into the baldric with leather thongs; they may be separated.)

A similar setup from A&A would cost you more than $900, these days. (Not that I'm trying to discourage anyone from buying directly from A&A -- they're great! Give them money.) I'm selling this one for $550, including shipping to the con US (shipping won't be cheap for this beast). I'd prefer payment by USPS money order, but paypal is okay.

Thanks for looking! I apologize for the mediocre quality of these pictures; I'm not too swift with the digital camera, but I try.