Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wool Hood/Chaperone from Revival Clothing. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello again,

Yes, we have four colors in the linen gambesons. Here's our current availability:

Black: every size but Large
Dark Red: All sizes
Natural: every size but X-Large
Blue: All sizes

Thanks for the interest gentlemen!

Christian Tobler
Revival Clothing

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Freelance Academy Press: Books on Western Martial Arts and Historical Swordsmanship

Author, In Saint George's Name: An Anthology of Medieval German Fighting Arts
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Christian: Well there goes the budget again !

I have the Large in the natural colour that fits but very tightly: This may actually be a good thing as this keeps the armour from shifting around. Keeping this one as my main Gambison where a little dirt wouldn't bother me I might consider getting the black X-Large for over-armour or by itself use: I just wonder how " loose " this would be ?

I'm 5' 9" and vary between 220 to 240 pounds. ( When I'm happy I get heavier ....... LOL. ) Chest around 46" and waist around 42 " like I said the large feels just at the edge of TOO tight.

I wonder also if a Gambison would have been worn over the maille as well as under ? Should make you fairly arrow resistant in a first crusade contexts.

As i mentioned I really like wearing these as comfortable home wear: Taking a nap in ones' Gambison is very comfy Wink Laughing Out Loud

I guess I'm getting addicted to my Gambison. ( Please keep my guilty secret Eek! Cool )

( Edited: additional content. Just went to the site and the ordering page for the Linen Gambison does not give options for other colours than natural and Red, the one on the cotton one does. This may just be a case of the site needing updating to reflect availability of other colors: In a case like this can one order using a regular E-Mail to have these options ? Also once this done should one go back to using the site to order knowing that the options chosen will be modified to match the E-Mailed options ? i.e. using the site for delivery / payment info and the E-Mail to get these unsupported by the site options. Hope this isn't too confusing. )

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Jean!

I think the X-Large is going to be very loose in the waist. This *might* work over your maille though, and certainly padded garments were worn that way at times.

What you should do is measure your waist with the maille on and see if that matches the size chart close enough.

As for colors, I just re-checked and all four colors show up in the selection list. Try refreshing the page when you bring it up in your web browser - your cache may be showing you an earlier version of the page. If the color swatch shown on the page doesn't look like this:

...then your page needs to be refreshed.

All the best,

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Freelance Academy Press: Books on Western Martial Arts and Historical Swordsmanship

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Christian;

Rechecked measurements I think the Extra large would be HUGE. Unfortunately I need the Large and that one does not come in black ! Is that just a temporary thing ? I could go for the blue or the red if the black remains unavailable.

Oh, I refreshed the page and I am still getting only two colours: This is with the general Revival Clothing / Chivalry Bookshelf link http://www.revival.us/ When using an alternate route to the same Gambison page by going to Revival Clothing: the same page that has " ABOUT US " etc ..... http://www.revivalclothing.com/ and clicking arming clothes here I get the page that displays ALL the colour options.

There seems to be both an older version and the newer version path to Gambison and they are not the same: Just thought that this would be important for you to check out. ( And fix if needed, can cause confusion ! )

Oh, while I'm asking will there be any fitting problem fitting the high boots with a 17" calf and a 25" mid thigh measurement: Shoe size 10.

In any case this may be getting into more P.M. territory or private E-Mail but may still be useful information for others.

(Actually, asking the moderators is this crossing the line were P.M. should be used? Don't want to bore everybody, more than usual that is ...... Wink )

Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Jean,

Ah, that explains it. The Revival.us site is owned by Brian Price of Chivalry Bookshelf, our sister company. He is the product developer for all the leather goods, plus he carries reenactment and armour related stuff that we don't. He has his own shopping cart at that site. Additionally, he sells a good deal of our clothing through his site.

We have, however, as you have found, our own commerce site through www.revivalclothing.com. I'm sure Brian hasn't updated his site to reflect the new colors yet.

I'm not sure when we'll have more gambesons in black, size large, but will be happy to inquire about it for you. In fact I just emailed the 'home office' to inquire.

Both the red (which I own) and the blue are very attractive colors, in my opinion.

Thanks again for your interest, and yes, moderators, I'll be happy to move this discussion to PM should you feel it appropriate.

All the best,

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm sure there are others, including myself, who find this information helpful. This is an appropriate place for it.

I may order a gambeson myself if I can ever manage to lose enough weight to squeeze one between myself and my hauberk!

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jul, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ok Gents - I checked in with the production folks...

We won't be restocking gambesons in the near future as we've almost everything in stock and there are other products that need to go into or back into production ahead in the queue.

I'd guess we won't order more in before the new year.

So, if you need large, and you need it now, go with the natural, red or blue.

All the best,

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jul, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Christian;

Thanks for the info, I will think it over as I do like Black generally, but the red or blue would do if I don't want to wait 6 months or so. ( Might want to have an all black kit. )

I do have a digital camera to buy soon and a small order with MRL and a custom Polearm from A&A so I can wait a bit to be sure. ( And not go broke ! )

Might get the high boots first ( In " Black " Wink )

Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wanted everyone to know that the cost of this purchase was quickly refunded by Revival Clothing without incident. I won't hesitate to do business with them in the future.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just reviving this thread to mention that I have been in touch with Christian and the Gambison in " Large " is now available in Black and I have just ordered one.

When selecting product on the site it shows what is now in stock from what Christian explained to me.

QUOTE:
Both XL and L are currently available in black. You can tell this right away, btw, by going to the product page on our website and using the 'dropdown list' to see what you can order - this always reflects the current stock.

www.revivalclothing.com

In any case I get so much use from the Gambison as everyday wear that I want a second one, funny how comfortable to wear is Medieval clothing . Big Grin

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just received my Black gambison today and it looks really good and meets my expectations. Cool Big Grin
Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Just received my Black gambison today and it looks really good and meets my expectations. Cool Big Grin

Well, we're very glad to hear that you're pleased, Jean!

All the best,

Christian Tobler
Revival Clothing

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wool Hood/Chaperone from Revival Clothing.
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: