Go to page 1, 2  Next

Next Generation Anniversary Celebration Sale!
It is hard to believe that it has only been two years since the introduction of the Next Generation Line -- so much has happened and so many models have been introduced.

Peter Johnsson and the staff at Albion have done a remarkable job in bringing these swords to life -- successfully combining authenticity, full functionality and custom-level quality at production prices.

On August 17th, 2003, we introduced the first 4 swords in the line -- The Vinland, The Clontarf, The Gotland and The Gaddhjalt. These swords were in production by November, 2003, when we then announced the first of many "next waves" of NextGen swords.

In just two short years, the line of NextGen swords has grown to 28 models in production (that's an average of more than 1 new sword model a month!), with another 32 models (plus a few still "secret" ones) in development.

We appreciate the support of our customers for this landmark new line and want to give you an opportunity to join us in celebrating this achievement:

From now until August 20th, we are rolling back prices for new orders of the 28 models currently in production to their original Introductory Price ($100 off marked prices).

All of these swords are limited editions and are available on a first-come, first-served basis only:

(Sorry, but the Anniversary Price cannot be used with other discounts.)

Hope you enjoy the sale!

Best,

Howy
Happy birthday!

I can't believe some of my babys are 2 years old now! :p

This is wonderful, Howy! Mike may need help handling all those incoming orders, though...

I may well be lining up for a few, I believe.
Hi Howy,

It is nice to see another sale at Albion and I hope few people take advantage of it. Just to be explicit, is the sale only on NextGen swords, or does it also affect the other lines (Museum, Squire, etc).

thanks,

Alexi
Alexi Goranov wrote:
Hi Howy,

It is nice to see another sale at Albion and I hope few people take advantage of it. Just to be explicit, is the sale only on NextGen swords, or does it also affect the other lines (Museum, Squire, etc).

thanks,

Alexi

Hey Alexi!

Sorry -- the sale just applies to NextGens.

Best,

Howy
Darn, that's verry tempting even though I'm still paying off my SoSM. Howy, sorry to go off topic here, but do you have any updates on the SoSM progress?

Regards,
Brian M
A hundred bucks off?! :eek:

Crecy, darling! Come to papa!
Brian M wrote:
Darn, that's verry tempting even though I'm still paying off my SoSM. Howy, sorry to go off topic here, but do you have any updates on the SoSM progress?

Regards,
Brian M

Hey Brian!

We are making some modifications to the blade and engraving that Peter requested, which should be done sometime in the next month. Peter then will finish up the hilt components and we will go into the molding stage.

Soon...

Best,

Howy
Re: Next Generation Anniversary Celebration Sale!
Howard Waddell wrote:
...From now until August 20th, we are rolling back prices for new orders of the 28 models currently in production to their original Introductory Price ($100 off marked prices)....

ARGGHH :cry: ! August 20th is my daughter's wedding! :eek: At that point, I still won't know for sure how far I am in debt!
Howard Waddell wrote:
It is hard to believe that it has only been two years since the introduction of the Next Generation Line -- so much has happened and so many models have been introduced.

Peter Johnsson and the staff at Albion have done a remarkable job in bringing these swords to life -- successfully combining authenticity, full functionality and custom-level quality at production prices.

On August 17th, 2003, we introduced the first 4 swords in the line -- The Vinland, The Clontarf, The Gotland and The Gaddhjalt. These swords were in production by November, 2003, when we then announced the first of many "next waves" of NextGen swords.

In just two short years, the line of NextGen swords has grown to 28 models in production (that's an average of more than 1 new sword model a month!), with another 32 models (plus a few still
"secret" ones) in development.

We appreciate the support of our customers for this landmark new line and want to give you an opportunity to join us in celebrating this achievement:

From now until August 20th, we are rolling back prices for new orders of the 28 models currently in production to their original Introductory Price ($100 off marked prices).

All of these swords are limited editions and are available on a first-come, first-served basis only:

(Sorry, but the Anniversary Price cannot be used with other discounts.)

Hope you enjoy the sale!

Best,

Howy

Secret? Did someone say secret?! :eek: :wtf: :p
Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Yeah, that scares the hell out of me, too, Joachim! The Munich was a secret once, too... then BAM, a Next Gen version, and a Museum Line version... and guess which one I'll be getting?

Yup, both.

I like surprises, but ouch, can they get to be expensive! :p

On a more serious note, I hope this sale goes over really well for Albion! I know there will be a number of folks who come away with a heck of a deal!
Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Something says to me "Records Xa.1"

Brian M
Brian M wrote:
Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Brian M

Was that a secret Jedi mind-trick? :p
Would one these secrets be the migration era sword illustrated in the sword/armor timeline shown on the inside cover of Albion's catalogue? It's the only one shown that I don't recognize as a model in either production or planning.
Brian M wrote:
Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Brian M

If so, I hope it is a ways off---my credit cards haven't stopped smoking from the last purchases! :lol:
No joke. My credit card is about to catch fire from paying off the SoSM. I'm having trouble deciding on my "free 7th," but that's a good kind of trouble.

Brian M
Howy,

What about any NexGens that come out before the 20th will they be included in this deal? I know you have several still slated for a mid 2005 release.
Gary Venable wrote:
Howy,

What about any NexGens that come out before the 20th will they be included in this deal? I know you have several still slated for a mid 2005 release.

Yep -- anything released before the end of the sale will be included. With luck, we will have 3 or four models rolling out next month.

Best,

Howy
That's good to hear. I believe the "mid-05" batch consists of the Roman swords, the Berserker, and the Type-XV amd XVas. Of those I'm most interested in the Agincourt and Berserker.

Brian M
Brian M wrote:
That's good to hear. I believe the "mid-05" batch consists of the Roman swords, the Berserker, and the Type-XV amd XVas. Of those I'm most interested in the Agincourt and Berserker.

Brian M

Agreed, the Agincourt is going to be my next sword if it comes out in time.
Great sale Howy and congradulations :D

Too bad I've met my quota for the year :\
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: