Opinions on Lutel swordbelts
Hello,

I wanted to get some opinions as to which of these belts you think looks best/most historically accurate this style of sword. Also, why do you think so?

Here is the sword:

Attachment: 16.37 KB
18009.jpg

And here are the belts:

Attachment: 3.06 KB
D belt.gif

Attachment: 4.3 KB
E belt.gif

Attachment: 2.96 KB
F belt.gif

Attachment: 8.79 KB
G belt.gif

Personally I prefer G slightly to the others, but it seems a bit too early period for that syle of hilt. Please let me know your opinions.
E Is the most likely candidate for giving the look that's closest to being historically correct for that sword.

D&G have a look that's a bit too early with all of the interlacing, F just doesn't look right all the way around.

Last edited by Patrick Kelly on Fri 15 Jul, 2005 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
I've just checked Lutel's site. From what I gathered, these swords are already finished, and ready to be shipped. From the description, I gathered it is without scabbard, so you'd probably pay extra for it.

Mind you, this is what I gather from the description, if you really want to be sure, you'll have to contact Lutel themselves.
I dunno. Almost all of Lutel's swords come with scabbards, a simple hanger, and a belt. This excludes the two-handers, however. When unspecified, you generally get "F" in my experience.
I'm with Patrick on D and G looking too early for that kind of sword.

I'd probably go with E.
Completely of topic, but is that a Lutel sword or is it by somebody else?
...and do you have any more pictures of it? :D
Thomas Hoogendam wrote:
I've just checked Lutel's site. From what I gathered, these swords are already finished, and ready to be shipped. From the description, I gathered it is without scabbard, so you'd probably pay extra for it.

Mind you, this is what I gather from the description, if you really want to be sure, you'll have to contact Lutel themselves.

Hello Thomas,

Already paid for and worked out, belt included :) Now I'm just deciding which one to get!
Joe Fults wrote:

Yes, it is a Lutel sword, and no, I don't have more pictures. You might see some popping up on myArmoury in a couple weeks though :)
Jeff Hsieh wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

Yes, it is a Lutel sword, and no, I don't have more pictures. You might see some popping up on myArmoury in a couple weeks though :)

Custom commission from them?

I've never seen some of the details this one appears to exhibit on their work before.
Joe Fults wrote:
Jeff Hsieh wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

Custom commission from them?

I've never seen some of the details this one appears to exhibit on their work before.

Custom? Well, yes and no. Jatel Zdenek of Lutel tells me it was made for a some kind of Czech sword-makers competition, after which it ended up for sale. So no, I didn't commission it. Apparently it got 2nd place in cutting and 1st place in design.
"E" to me seems the most era appropriate match for the blade
I'd say that E seems to go with the sword the best. F seems to me to be a little too late period.

G is pretty sexy, though. ;)
E is what we use for that type of sword in our re-enactment group.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
E Is the most likely candidate for giving the look that's closest to being historically correct for that sword.

D&G have a look that's a bit too early with all of the interlacing, F just doesn't look right all the way around.

Concur - but you'll still have to replace the modern buckle ant the stupid rivets they insist on using.
I've got a lutel longsword, with the G type scabbard. I far prefer my brothers E type scabard, though. The front strap makes it much more stable.

All the lutels, except the rapiers and Zweihanders, come with a scabbard of your choice.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: