The Armoury - Gus Trim Swords
Gus resently had a sale on swords he had in stock that inspired me to do the same. Check-out the reduced prices on the Gus Trim swords in stock at The Armoury.

http://www.leesarmoury.com/at.htm

I also reduced the price on the Tinker Swords I have in stock

http://www.leesarmoury.com/tinker.htm

And my what's new notice

http://www.leesarmoury.com/new.htm

Lee
Gus Trim Swords at Lee's Armoury
I got in one of Gus' new singlehand Sabers mounted with a sidesword hilt. The addition of this type of hilt allows you to loop your finger over the guard for greater blade control.

I'll have it up on my site later today, but just wanted to post a quick picture for now.

http://www.leesarmoury.com/

Lee

Attachment: 36.97 KB
singlehand saber.JPG

here's a closeup picture of the hilt
Lee

Attachment: 34.78 KB
singlehand saberhilt.JPG

Lee,
Thanks for posting this stuff. It's cool to see the much-talked about sabers "in the steel." By the way, you can attach mutliple pics in a single post (unlike some other forums). Just attach one, then keep attaching more until you hit "Submit." It's a little faster and easier for the poster. :)
thanks Chad, I didn't know if I could attach more than one
Photo that way, that's why I posted in more than one post. By the way, this saber handles great and the edge and point control with this hilt is great.

Lee
Re: thanks Chad, I didn't know if I could attach more than o
No big deal at all, Lee. :)

Have fun!
That is a mighty fine looking blade. I'm sure that it is a premiere cutter
Roger Hooper wrote:
I'm sure that it is a premier cutter

That would be an accurate statement........
Hey, that's pretty interesting. I've never seen anything historically like that, but I suspect that wasn't the intention. As has been said, and Gus confirms, it's likely a good cutter. I suspect that was the design criteria more than the other. Pretty neat.
The Armoury - Gus Long Sword
I also have in a new AT1592 Long Sword with side rings. I am having trouble getting the page to load at my server. for now here is a couple of pictures.

Stats:

Blade Length 39.5"

Blade Width after ricasso 1 1/3"

Handle Length 11"

Pommel Length 2"

Width of Guard 7 1/2"

Weight 3.5 lbs

Lee

Attachment: 36.04 KB
MVC-027S.JPG

Attachment: 35.84 KB
MVC-026S.JPG

Minor corrections on the stats.....

The length of the blade and ricasso is 41.7 inches.........

The width of the blade where it flares out from the ricasso is 1.7 inches.......
Thanks Gus,
I was a little hasty in throwing togather the stats. I'll make thos corrections before loading the page on my site.

Lee
Re: The Armoury - Gus Long Sword
Lee Reeves wrote:
I also have in a new AT1592 Long Sword with side rings. I am having trouble getting the page to load at my server. for now here is a couple of pictures.

Stats:

Blade Length 39.5"

Blade Width after ricasso 1 1/3"

Handle Length 11"

Pommel Length 2"

Width of Guard 7 1/2"

Weight 3.5 lbs

Lee

*jaw drops*

No freakin' way!

That's awesome!
Lee Reeves wrote:

Why does the blade finish look so rough on this one?
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Lee Reeves wrote:

Why does the blade finish look so rough on this one?

I sent the sword to him with the blade coated with a waxy lubricant, a corrosion protective coating.....

Cleans off easy with WD40 or Windex, but I likely forgot to mention that to Lee.... and without something like one of those products it doesn't wipe off easy.......

That's my guess anyways, it looks like it was photo'd with the coating still on it......

Its my goal to stop all corrosion on the blades while in shipment from here. That hasn't always been the case, but this product sure seems to work.......

Expect it on your sword when I ship it to you.......
Thanks, Gus. Now that you mention it, I can totally see that and it makes sense!

The addition of the side rings, and even more importantly, the more "rounded" downsloping cross-guard does wonders for that sword. It's proportions look excellent.

See this photo to reference some authentic "Danish longswords" of a similar type. No side rings, but the shaping of the cross-guard really starts to look familar:

[ Linked Image ]
coating on blade
I wanted to leave the coating on the blade before I shipped it to a custmer. I hoped it would photograph better than it did. I guess I'll have to clean one of the swords up before taking photos to put on my site.

And, as for the site. I haven't gotten the main AT page to load all weekend. I have a call into my web guy and hope to have the main AT page up this morning.

Lee
Guys,
I am in dire need of space. Checkout the items I have in stock and basicly make me a reasonable offer.

Lee
Re: Guys,
Lee Reeves wrote:
I am in dire need of space. Checkout the items I have in stock and basicly make me a reasonable offer.

Lee

Ack!!!! Sigh. PM Sent.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: