Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A bit plaintive... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
That's very nice Russ!

Your work is really coming along.

Thanks Patrick! I'm really trying to do a full court press to come up with information to try to make my work more accurate from a historical perspective as well as try to make sure that I'm putting out a quality product whether historical or not...

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Lee O'Hagan

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey russ,
that new pic you posted looks pretty nifty,is all the belt work your own too,looks a good amount of detail involved in the set up,
is it an A+A sword,
bear in mind your gonna have to update the site more reguler now Cool
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lee O'Hagan wrote:
Hey russ,
that new pic you posted looks pretty nifty,is all the belt work your own too,looks a good amount of detail involved in the set up,
is it an A+A sword,
bear in mind your gonna have to update the site more reguler now Cool

Hey Lee,

Yes, it's a German Branch sword. I purchased the belt fittings since I'm not set up for casting (yet). Unfortunately that particular source dried up too so I'm afraid that belt as constituted is a one off Sad Unless I can find another source of course. Like I said those metal bits are the BANE of my existence.

Yeah I'm going to try to keep the site up a bit better now. I did it in frontpage for that very reason. I know I know it's a chintzy way out for all of you purists out there but it's EASY and will allow me to quickly do updates. I've made a resolution to add at least one review a week to my review section too...

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

Feedback score: 100%
(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ,
Jody Samson's name is spelled "Sampson" on your review page. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cool
Any thoughts on the wax carving and casting route,for the heavier fittings,
there's a few fittings outlets out this way but the shipping tends to knock the good deal side,
be very cool to see more reviews of the stuff your working on, even on a monthly or quarterly basis, Wink
anything up and coming in exotic woods or that stabilized wood i keep seeing here and there,
M. Taylor

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like an A&A German Branch Sword. Oh, I see Russ responded while I was typing my message. Russ, did you touch up the hilt at all or is it stock? That scabbard is beautiful; it's such a unique color. Did you dye the leather yourself or was it pre-dyed?
"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
Chuck Perino

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Looks great Russ!         Reply with quote

I like to see my old Atrim scabbard that you made for me as an example of the 1st step in your "evolution" as a scabbard-maker!

Razz

Your newer stuff looks great!
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Russ. I took a look at your site. Wow! Surprised Some very exquisite scabbards you have there! Today, I just ordered an Albion NextGen Fiore; she'll likely need a nice comfy scabbard so you may hear from me whenever that may be. Keep up the great work, bud! -Ted
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Russ,
Jody Samson's name is spelled "Sampson" on your review page. Happy

Dohp! <Slaps self in head> I swear I have some sort of mental block about spelling his name right. I did get the pictures on the site last night, but I've got to fix those links and now it seems some spelling (thanks Chad! Happy ) tonight.

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

M. Taylor wrote:
Looks like an A&A German Branch Sword. Oh, I see Russ responded while I was typing my message. Russ, did you touch up the hilt at all or is it stock? That scabbard is beautiful; it's such a unique color. Did you dye the leather yourself or was it pre-dyed?

Nope it's all stock and it's very nice! It's the only production sword I'm aware of with a "caned" grip. Thanks for the comments on the scabbard it was predyed. I can do the dying I've got all the stuff, but typically I don't bother... practically any color you want is readily available predyed without the mess!

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Looks great Russ!         Reply with quote

Chuck Perino wrote:
I like to see my old Atrim scabbard that you made for me as an example of the 1st step in your "evolution" as a scabbard-maker!

Razz

Your newer stuff looks great!

Hey Chuck, good to hear from you, yeah I guess you sort of have the "amphibian" line... Happy For those of you who don't know Chuck was my very first customer ever. He took a chance (at a discounted rate) on allowing some guy to try to scabbard up his sword for him.

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
it was predyed. I can do the dying I've got all the stuff, but typically I don't bother... practically any color you want is readily available predyed without the mess!

That depends, of course, on the type of leather you're using. Personally, I wouldn't use the garment leathers that are available pre-dyed, as they're quite wrong for something attempting to be historic. I'd avoid the chrome-tanned (or whatever that is) altogether and go for a hand-dyed vegetable-tanned any day. Garment leather screams "couch!" to me. But that's just me Happy

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Hitchens wrote:
Hey Russ. I took a look at your site. Wow! Surprised Some very exquisite scabbards you have there! Today, I just ordered an Albion NextGen Fiore; she'll likely need a nice comfy scabbard so you may hear from me whenever that may be. Keep up the great work, bud! -Ted

Thanks for the vote of confidence Edward! Happy Which reminds me I need to send you a pm on another matter...

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A bit plaintive...
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: