ElJay brass basket 05' (5pics)
Here are a quick few shots of a brass basket that I had E.B Erickson make for me. I had never seen a custom brass basket out there and wanting something a bit different this is what I was really interested in...ElJay basically took the ball and ran with it ( I was really no help knowing what I wanted since I am still very basketdumb) The brass basket is very cool to look at up close and hold, also I really am looking forward to how it will it will naturally patina (will be taking set pics every 2 weeks to document the changes) The handle is ray skin that is a light great color with 5 brass wires that spiral around the handle, this was a very nice touch that just hits it right on in looks. For the blade right now it will be a Albion old style Agincourt that I had on hand for awhile now, but also I would to mount one of Angus Trims saber blades to the hilt! Thanks ElJay for such a beauty that is a joy to hold!
Very nice! I love my ElJay. That looks really high class with the brass on the white ray skin.
Ben

The picture links don't seem to be working ? Mac

Attachment: 26.45 KB
ben basket.jpg

Attachment: 29.73 KB
eljay brass hilt.jpg

Last edited by Thomas McDonald on Sat 02 Jul, 2005 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Hey Mac, after 150+ viewings and only 1 comment ....(Thanks Allen! With your post at least I knew they could be seen :lol:) ...I needed the bandwidth for the motorcycle and car pics I am working on right now ( I have car get2gethers now on Sat mornings and Thur afternoons, Hollister Rally this weekend + the MotoGP at Laguna Seca next weekend) So if the pics I post here or there get stagnate after so many views or lack of any comments/questions then I now yank them for better use of that hosting site I am using at that time....Nathan, you or anyone else connected to this site has my permission to snatch up and host, pic collect, place in the Albums, etc etc my pics...Good job on the crops Mac! Also, I have a new copy of Cyril Mazansky's on it's way so thanks for the heads up on this book.
Ben Sweet wrote:
Hey Mac, after 150+ viewings and only 1 comment ....(Thanks Allen! With your post at least I knew they could be seen :lol:) ...I needed the bandwidth for the motorcycle and car pics I am working on right now ( I have car get2gethers now on Sat mornings and Thur afternoons, Hollister Rally this weekend + the MotoGP at Laguna Seca next weekend) So if the pics I post here or there get stagnate after so many views or lack of any comments/questions then I now yank them for better use of that hosting site I am using at that time....Nathan, you or anyone else connected to this site has my permission to snatch up and host, pic collect, place in the Albums, etc etc my pics...Good job on the crops Mac! Also, I have a new copy of Cyril Mazansky's on it's way so thanks for the heads up on this book.

Ben, in the future, please don't post something and then remove the photos, thus making the post somewhat pointless. This is generally considered to be bad form on a forum. Instead, you're welcome to attach the photos to the post and let us host them for you or you could upload them to our photo albums, wait for me to approve then, and then make your post with links to each photo in our albums. Either way, there are hosting solutions that we offer that doesn't use your storage.

The attachment option works the most seamlessly, IMHO.
A few more shots (cropped from the large images that Ben sent me) !

Mac

Attachment: 43.95 KB
ebe brass.jpg

Attachment: 48.95 KB
ebe brass 3.jpg

Attachment: 43.14 KB
ebe brass 2.jpg

The more I see of ElJays work, the more impressed I am!
That hilt really has a touch of divinity... You're a very lucky man Ben.

Cheers,
Henrik
Any idea what he used to make the inlayed lines on the basket? I've been wanting to figure that out; nice guard! :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: