Is there any interest in an Ohio sword collector gathering?
I just want to see if there would be enough interest to make it worth trying to schedule a sword collector show and tell in July or August? I'm finally going to have some free time and I know I would like to see everybody, and their collections, again.

Right now I'm just trying to gauge interest. If there seems to be enough interest to make it worthwhile, I'll move to the actual planning stage.
I'd be up for it. Work schedules are the only hassle.

David Kite
GFS, ARMA in IN
I'd be up for it, too. Just a question of when/where. I'm out of town at the end of August, but may be around the other weekends.
Chad Arnow wrote:
I'd be up for it, too. Just a question of when/where. I'm out of town at the end of August, but may be around the other weekends.

So perhaps any of these wekends?

July 23/24, 30/31?

August 6/7, 13/15, 20/21?
I'd be up for it. August would probably be better.
Since most of the repsonses so far in the Cincy area, would it be better to try to find a venue in the Cincy metro area or would everyone be will to drive up into my slice of surburbia in the middle of nowhere?
Joe Fults wrote:
Since most of the repsonses so far in the Cincy area, would it be better to try to find a venue in the Cincy metro area or would everyone be will to drive up into my slice of surburbia in the middle of nowhere?

That would be preferable to me since I also live in Cincy. The first weekend of August may be best for me. -Ted
I could go in july if it is in columbus. I have nothing fun to cut with but I can also bring a few neat show and tell pieces including a sword from the Dordogne River find.
All,

Looks like Cincy is a better option for everyone except Don.

Obviously I don't live in Cincy, so somebody else would have to host the event for us to gather there. My brother lives in Middletown, and I might be able to use his place for a get together, but that's probably a stretch since he's not very interested in this stuff. Alternately everyone can come to my place at the bustling hub in the middle of nowhere that is Marysville, Ohio.

If we really want to do something in Cincy, is anybody up for hosting things?

Skimming the thread, I believe August 6 might be the best day.
Well this has been a less inspired response than I had hoped for.

Is this worth investing additional time in at all?
Joe Fults wrote:

I'm interested in attending, and I may be interested in hosting, but I'll need to double-check when my wife wants to travel this summer.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

I'm interested in attending, and I may be interested in hosting, but I'll need to double-check when my wife wants to travel this summer.

Any update?
Joe Fults wrote:
Any update?

Yep. I'll host it. I'll do a separate post in the next couple of days, but it'll be here at my place, even though I haven't bought a new house yet.... :)
Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
Any update?

Yep. I'll host it. I'll do a separate post in the next couple of days, but it'll be here at my place, even though I haven't bought a new house yet.... :)

Maybe you should put out a jar or something so we can contribute! :eek: :D
Just saw this thread. Joe's place would be a better drive for me than Cinci. However, I'm in the minority.

Mark

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: