Steel Counts
At last, here is a photo of the Count with a steel pommel...

[ Linked Image ]

More can be seen on the Count page at:

http://albion-swords.com/swords/albion/nextge...xiiia2.htm

Best,

Howy
Haha! Yes, thats my sword! Should arrive tomorrow! Wow, it looks amazing! THANK YOU ALBION!!!!!
The steel version seems much nicer to me. It is closer to what I had in mind the Count would look like based on Peter's drawing.
Looks better than what I envisioned from the drawings.

But that is just me.
:eek:

You guys are killing my educational future... I've been good for a while, but this is what I was waiting for... Might be time to liquidate some stuff...
Joseph C. wrote:
The steel version seems much nicer to me. It is closer to what I had in mind the Count would look like based on Peter's drawing.

I'm going to go against the tide here and say that the bronze version looks better to me. Still can't get over the grip, though-- on both swords, the grip has an awkward swell in the middle that kind of throws off the volumes and proportions, IMHO...

I'd kinda like to see what it would look like with a lengthened version of the grip from the Prince-- octagonal section and evenly-tapering.
I like the grip. It seems to be a flattened octagon section, which fits in well with the octagonal faceted pommel and the octagonal section guard. Lots of stuff going on in the hilt of this one.

Brian M
Oh my, I like the steel much better. :D

Bronze is pretty, but if I wanted that color I'd prefer to go with steel and just gild it, instead.
Maybe it's just me... but I LOVE the bronze pommel with steel cross look. It has such a period look to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the all steel look, but the bronze is a touch of class.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: