A beautiful helmet.
By Anders Helseth of Oslo, Norway.
[ Linked Image ]

I saw this over on the Armour Archive. Helmets of the conical/nasal variety are my hands down favorites. This is a beautiful example.

The complete thread: http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47009
Very nice indeed. Is the style 12th-13th century Russian?

Edit: sorry, I only just spotted that link. I'm still not sure though, Polish/Viking?
AND to know it's hot raised not welded makes it even more impressive. Very nice indeed . Makes me want to go conical. I guess we all frequent the same forums then... While you people are over at the Armourarchive you should check out the Armor of the Months. There are some beautys in there! *drools uncontrollably*. :)
Wow, very gorgeous indeed! I'll say that even if it falls before my time period of interest. Say, whose reflection is that holding the camera? Anyone we know? :p
I like the combination of the engraved brass nasal (etc.) with the polished steel. Really appeals to me aesthetically.
That is indeed a very beautiful helmet. I know Anders and he makes very beautiful pieces and is very meticulous over details and finish etc. He does very nice work.

Regards as ever,

Russ

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: