Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

And, Introducing the NextGen Munich Sword...
This is the NextGen inspired by the Bayerisches Nationalmuseum Sword (which is the next Museum Line model after Turin is complete.) Peter knows the original sword intimately, and it is our goal to bring you a less "gilded" version with the same performance and handling as the original.

[ Linked Image ]

The only draft specs we have so far are:

Total length: 49.76" (126.4 cm)
Blade length: 37.2" (94.5 cm)
Blade width at base: 1.54" (3.9 cm)
More specs will follow as this sword is developed.

Best,

Howy
:eek:

I want one.

I want one bad.

This isn't remotely funny, Howy... not at all.

No joke, Mike... put me in for one.
Yup, Aaron. My sentiments exactly. I'm in trouble, man.
That's incredible :eek:

Okay, maybe next year :\
:) :eek: Man, just when I think "OK, I have my wish list complete" you guys go and pull something like this. You are murder on my bank account. :p :)
oh well.......
oh well. yet another addition to my ever expanding wish list................... :lol:
Why do I think "Pigsticker" when I see that sword? :D

Brian M
Ughnnnnnnngghhh...

That blade.... Awesome... Gnnnhh....

Does it [the blade] share the same characteristics as the original sword??? 'Cause that blade... Unghhg... 3.9cm wide at base... *gargle*

And yes, I got hit in the head pretty hard during training yesterday so, if possible, I'm even more crazy than usual.
I think I'll be needing one of those. :eek:
I'm sitting here with this really big grin on my face.

You know, the grin that makes you go: And he saw that it was good. :D :D :D
:eek:
Incredible!

I had the Earl picked out to fill spot in my collection for a late medieval longsword but now I'm definitely switching to the Munich which looks like something straight out of a Dürer painting.
:p

Get in line.

Mine's #1.

Order's been placed. :D
Choices, choices. Am I going to have to place an order for the next gen AND the museum line? Ahhhhh!
Is that a hollow ground blade?
Pretty pretty!
I'm going to whine here because there is noooo way I can get all the Longswords you guys are putting out. :eek:

I need to squeeze a rapier or two in here somewhere in the next 10 years!!! :D
Gordon Clark wrote:
Is that a hollow ground blade?
Pretty pretty!

Heya Gordon,

Sorry, but nope, it is not a hollow-ground blade. The cross-section is a rather stiff diamond, with a small flat at the base of the blade. I had a chance to examine Peter's forged blades for his customer during one of his last trips, and it is a great blade. It should prove to be very stiff and pointy........
Jason Dingledine wrote:
Sorry, but nope, it is not a hollow-ground blade. The cross-section is a rather stiff diamond, with a small flat at the base of the blade.

Strange. I've been told by various people that the original had some hollow-grinding. This must have been incorrect.

Can I get a confirmation that the Albion version will have a blade that is a close aproximation of the original sword's? Or is the Albion version going a different direction?
Nathan Robinson wrote:

Strange. I've been told by various people that the original had some hollow-grinding. This must have been incorrect.

Can I get a confirmation that the Albion version will have a blade that is a close aproximation of the original sword's? Or is the Albion version going a different direction?

Probably saving that for the Museum line version...
Steve Maly wrote:

I'm not so sure about this. It's possible that they'll be using the same milled blade but with a simplified hilt. But let's not speculate. They'll respond tomorrow :)
Steve Maly wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

My thoughts exactly... and that's the one I'm getting in line for.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Page 1 of 6

Jump to: