Go to page 1, 2  Next

Blade Show photo requests?
A few among us have expressed that they will be unable to attend this upcoming Blade Show. I will be fortunate enough to attend. Being the NICE GUY :cool: that I am (hey, someone might believe that), I am asking if there are any particular pieces that anyone wants a picture of. Keep in mind that I am going for my own pleasure, and I make no guarantees to capture each and every one, but I will make an attempt as I pass by things to grab a pic or two...

SO... for those of you who unfortunately won't be attending, what is it that you want to see?
I would love to see the Crecy! ( I believe it is going to be there). And any cool fantasy swords you might run into.

P.S. Thank you very much! :)
Michael F. wrote:
I would love to see the Crecy! ( I believe it is going to be there). And any cool fantasy swords you might run into.

P.S. Thank you very much! :)

Most definitely, I'll catch the Crecy (and yes, it will be there for sure - positively on my own must-see list). I'm sure I'll run into some cool fantasy stuff as well - if I do, I'll grab some pics. My interest is primarily European Historical, also Anglo-Saxon/Viking, but whatever stands way out to me, I'll snag for you...

Oh, and you're welcome.
From Albion, the Count, and the Squire Line Bastard and Great swords

Anything Tinker might have there.

If you can take pictures of those, I'd appreciate it. :)
Roger Hooper wrote:

If they're there. I know a lot of Albion's line (as well as some Movie Swords and Jody Sampson pieces) will be there, but not the entire line. I'll do what I can. :D

Roger Hooper wrote:

Will do. Never personally seen Tink's work, but am really interested. Sure I can snag a few... pics, that is! I'll try...
Roger Hooper wrote:

Roger,
According to Mike, the Count won't be in Atlanta. I'm not sure how many of the Squire Line swords will be there.

In the meantime, we have pics of the SL Great Sword on this site in its review. I'm sure you'll be able to find pics of the Bastard sword around here in the future too. :)
Chad Arnow wrote:
I'm not sure how many of the Squire Line swords will be there.

Only the 13th Century Great Sword will represent the Squire Line.

Anton posted decent pics of the SL Bastard along side it's Next Gen twin the Merc at this link: The Twins
Overall (overview?) shots of some of the tables and highlights are always cool. They can give one a sense of being there. If there is a vantage point that shows the whole room well, that would be a goody.

I'd be interested in what Cashen and Evans have on their tables. If there are any cutting photo ops presented, that would be cool.

Enjoy and thanks for thinking of us not there.

Cheers

GC
If no one has requested (any of these) already, could you please photograph
-Albion's Maestro Line? (If any are available at this time)
-Albion's Mercenary's Tailor armor, etc.
-The new Hanwei Cut & Thrust swords
-New MRL stuff?

Thanks!!!!
If A & A is there, some Polearms like the Italian Bill and English Bill. Pole arms in general if any.

Or anything custom from A & A that is new and not yet on their site.

Will be happy to see any of the other stuff others have requested as well.

Oh, for interesting pieces a general shot showing the whole thing and close-ups of hilts or anything worth seeing in more detail. ( Maybe bring a small ruler to put beside stuff to give an idea of scale, mostly close-ups. )
Some of these may have been mentioned already but here goes.....

Anything by Vince Evans, Rick Barrett [if he's there?], A&A customs [or production for that matter].
Complex hilted longswords/longsabers if any.
Non-Irish/Scottish basket hilts [Mac will cover these no doubt :p ].
Rapiers of the non-antler :wtf: variety, Polish sabers if any.
Eastern weapons that aren't Japanese or Chinese [ex: Kilij, Shashka, Saif, anything Islamic].
Any interesting antique swords [i.e. all of the above but old :cool: ].

Hilt details with scale would be especially nice.

Thanks for your generous offer! I'm sure you'll have a long list, I hope you have the "unlimited uploads" membership :D .

Cheers,
Some quick notes on the Bladeshow:

A&A will not be there, nor will MRL. I don't think Rick Barret will be either. Albion's Maestro Line are not available yet.

You can see the full list of exhibitors on the show's website: http://www.collect.com/krause/shows.asp?catal...amp;Page=1
Rick Barrett is there again this year.

As Chad points out, it must be noted that the Blade show is primarily a knife show with a few sword makers attending and a small number of knife makers who happen to have made a few larger knives that are called swords. The sword thing is definitely the odd man out in this show and often considered eye candy or a curiosity to the show's audience.
Alright, everyone! I'll do what I can...

Pooling what's been requested:

Overall shot of the show itself. I'll try, if I can find a spot to do this from. Usually, things like this need to be above and off to one side. Don't know if this is going to be doable, but we'll see.

Lots of interest in Albion or Albion-associated stuff. I'll get pics of what Mike and Harlan bring down. There will not be any Maestro pieces - they aren't to that point in production yet. (I wish - I'd be bringing home a couple of these!) So far, there have been a few pieces specifically asked for. I will definitely get those IF they are there. I don't think there will be any Merc's Tailor pieces at the show.

A&A won't be there, unfortunately. I wanted to check out some things, too... :wtf: Guess I won't be bringing home that Knightly Pole Axe.

MRL - don't think they're coming either.

Particular makers - Cashen, Evans, Tinker, Gus Trim. Again, I'll try.

Hanwei, CAS - same thing... what I can, I will.

The idea of having something for reference is a good idea - hadn't thought about it, but I do appreciate it when it is included in photos. Would a US Quarter be acceptable? I'm pretty sure I can acquire one of those and it would be easy to tote around.

Other specific requests, I'll try to accomodate those. I'll do my best, but make no promises. I say again, I am going for my own pleasure and research, but I do know I was not going to be able to make it up to about 6 weeks ago, and I was pretty bummed out about it. I thought I'd try to help bring a piece to you guys & gals that won't be there. Glad to see the interest, folks! Oh, and you're welcome.

As far as uploads, well... we'll have to see. There are plenty of possible options if there isn't space here.
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

As far as uploads, well... we'll have to see. There are plenty of possible options if there isn't space here.

Aaron,
We have a photo album for Events and Shows that you could upload your pics to.
Chad Arnow wrote:
We have a photo album for Events and Shows that you could upload your pics to.

I figured one would probably open up for the Blade Show like was done for the Las Vegas one. Thanks, Chad!
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Alright, everyone! I'll do what I can...

That's all any of us can ask of you.

I was one who was really bugging you to take photos. However, I don't have any particular pieces that I simply must see. More general interest in whatever pieces that the makers deem worthy of showing. Also interested in the makers themselves and in those of our forum family that manage to get there.

Albion - Booth 42, according to the exhibitors list that I have. My interest (as I suspect with many of us) is with pretty much any and all items.

CAS Iberia - Booths 107, 108 - I am interested in shots of their new European swords and rapiers and, if present, Coppergate and Sutton Hoo helms.

Particular makers - as noted above - whatever they deem worthy of bringing:
Barrett - Table 15-F
Cashen - Table 4-Q
Evans - 17-R
Tinker - I can't find either "Tinker" or "Pearce, Michael" on the exhibitors list?
Gus Trim - I can't find Gus on the list, either?
Quote:
Other specific requests, I'll try to accomodate those. I'll do my best, but make no promises. I say again, I am going for my own pleasure and research, but I do know I was not going to be able to make it up to about 6 weeks ago, and I was pretty bummed out about it. I thought I'd try to help bring a piece to you guys & gals that won't be there. Glad to see the interest, folks! Oh, and you're welcome.

:D YES, AARON, THANK YOU :!: :D
Steve Grisetti wrote:
I was one who was really bugging you to take photos. Also interested in the makers themselves and in those of our forum family that manage to get there.

Really? Gee... I didn't notice! :p Just kidding - you did get me to thinking, though. It should be fun.

I'm glad you mentioned an interest in the makers and members of our "forum family" - I'll be glad to capture this element as well - the forum meetings would be a great time to catch up with the bunch from here.

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Albion - Booth 42, according to the exhibitors list that I have. My interest (as I suspect with many of us) is with pretty much any and all items.

I hope to catch everything Mike and Harlan bring. There will be some pieces that many of us may never really get much of an opportunity to see (i.e. the ENTIRE Museum Line - well, not the St. Maurice, but the rest). I won't comment more on the Albion line-up, as I don't want to spoil the day... That tidbit alone, though, has my tongue wagging!

Steve Grisetti wrote:
CAS Iberia - Booths 107, 108 - I am interested in shots of their new European swords and rapiers and, if present, Coppergate and Sutton Hoo helms.

I'm not overly familiar with CAS/Hanwei, and I'll have to check out their website for the most recent updates to get up to speed. I'm glad to do this, as there has been a good bit of interest elsewhere on this forum with their upcoming pieces. With 2 booths, there should be a decent representation.

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Particular makers - as noted above - whatever they deem worthy of bringing:
Barrett - Table 15-F
Cashen - Table 4-Q
Evans - 17-R
Tinker - I can't find either "Tinker" or "Pearce, Michael" on the exhibitors list?
Gus Trim - I can't find Gus on the list, either?

Definitely. This will be a rare opportunity for me to see these folks' work in person. I'll share the experience as best I can. One of these days, I'm going to get with one of these guys for a custom piece. I look forward to that day.

Steve Grisetti wrote:
:D YES, AARON, THANK YOU :!: :D

You got it, brother! :D

Now, I just have to remember to take a tally book to keep track of what's in the pictures...
Tinker will be at the Bladeart booth
:D Just shot Aaron! just shot on everything :D

I was in your photo album here on myArmoury,
well! i was on my knees again when i seen your heraldic Sigman shield :eek: :lol: :lol:
Greeat work! i love that one, thanks Aaron :cool:
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: