Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > New forum sugestion... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Folkert van Wijk

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: New forum sugestion...         Reply with quote

Hello every one.

There seam to apear more and more people here on this thread that are doing verry cool, and to my oppinion verry hight qualitie, "home" projects.
Like mail, shields, scabbards, armour, (maybe clothing), and other bigger or smaller alterations to there weapons and or armour.
Not only do I mean compleet projects from scratch but also the alterations like new sword hilts, how to attach a pole to a pole arm in a proper and or period correct way, linner of helmets, belts, stuff like that and maybe acompanied by info of the maintainens of all that ...

Therefore I would like to sugest a new forum and maybe an article every now and then... about how they do that...
Because i would love to here more about it...
(maybe because it's because I tend to mess up my one home projects every now and then. Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud

I know, every now and then these topics appear on the forums here, but i think they deserve a place of there own here..
And I think this site as a whole and it's people would benefit from it in more then one way

These topic's also could inspire the more practical (other then historical and martial arts oriented people) two write an article and so contribut to this site...

Anyway, let me know what you think and/or if you also would like to read more about it.

Folkert

A good sword will only be sharp, in the hands of a wise man…

I am great fan of everything Celtic BC, including there weapons.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The off-topic forum is the right place for these types of topics. A new forum is not warranted and would be against our entire philosophy of organization here on the site. I'm trying hard to get some featured content that covers these sorts of topics. I'm glad you posted this note, as it may spur others to step up and offer their help as authors.

Thank you!

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > New forum sugestion...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic