Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Louisiana Round Table Event - 30 July, 2005 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jul, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's awesome, Joel! Glad to hear you're on the mend, as well.

Everyone: I'll get info off here in a day or two... got a few more details to iron out.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ok... here's a small update.

I spoke with Mike earlier. Looks like they are going to send a bunch of nice pieces for us to check out - a very generous offering! We will have a significant showing of pieces covering the range of Viking & Anglo-Saxon swords and the Medieval swords (single handers and longswords) currently in production. No joke, we can cover most of Oakeshott's Typology combining my collection with what they are sending down! I won't let the cat out of the bag on what... you'll have to come to see.

I've sent out emails to Joel and Jeanry. Jeanry, please forward this info to the guys who will be able to make it.

I'm pulling things together here today and tomorrow for handouts and information, so we'll have some cool stuff to look at when we get together Saturday.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Ok... here's a small update.

I spoke with Mike earlier. Looks like they are going to send a bunch of nice pieces for us to check out - a very generous offering! We will have a significant showing of pieces covering the range of Viking & Anglo-Saxon swords and the Medieval swords (single handers and longswords) currently in production. No joke, we can cover most of Oakeshott's Typology combining my collection with what they are sending down! I won't let the cat out of the bag on what... you'll have to come to see.

I've sent out emails to Joel and Jeanry. Jeanry, please forward this info to the guys who will be able to make it.

I'm pulling things together here today and tomorrow for handouts and information, so we'll have some cool stuff to look at when we get together Saturday.

Aww, Man. I wish I could be there!
And don't forget the safety precautions Eek!
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Aww, Man. I wish I could be there!
And don't forget the safety precautions Eek!

I sincerely wish you could, too, Steve! It should prove to be a lot of fun. It's going to afford even me an interesting opportunity well before I had thought I would have it - such a representation of the Typology - will give me the chance to study even further the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between the pieces with a few gaps filled in. I just wish I could have had some of the armour I have outstanding to go along with it - show actual examples of what the evolution and response cycle was. Pictures and a few examples I have (and some that may show up) will do alright.

We'll keep safety first, my friend... and I hope to have a few good pics, to boot. If there are no action shots, at least there will be a bunch of the eye-candy. It may take me a while to get them posted, though... probably won't have net access for the week or so following the RT.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

At least you're having people show up. I couldn't get anyone to come out to southwest Kansas, or maybe it's just me. I just can't understand that. Wink
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
At least you're having people show up. I couldn't get anyone to come out to southwest Kansas, or maybe it's just me. I just can't understand that. Wink

I was honestly sweating it for a while... now, it looks like we may stress-test the limits of the house.

For what it's worth, I did look to see exactly where that town of yours is... I have family in KC and StL. Thought if I could make a family visit along the way, I'd make my way out. Even from them, though, you're a long, long way out. Worried Kind of stinks that a bunch of folks that I would love to gather up upon occasion live literally around the world.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Kirk Lee Spencer

Spotlight topics: 6

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:

Hey Patrick...

Don't be hard on yourself. Several times I almost convinced myself to make the trip to Kansas. But I am short on money and time. I must tell you though... getting to meet you and see your collection was the greatest part of the temptation.

Take care.

ks

Two swords
Lit in Eden’s flame
One of iron and one of ink
To place within a bloody hand
One of God or one of man
Our souls to one of
Two eternities
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Come on over any time Kirk!

Just call first to make sure I'm home. That would be an awfully loooooooooong drive for nothing. Big Grin

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: My digital Camera is ready!         Reply with quote

The battery is charged and ready to go. As I said, I will not cut due to a healign back so I'll take pics and perhaps some video clips. All can be posted as sooon as my dial-up connection allows LOL Ya know this is the first time Anduril will be taken for strangers to handle LOL. It should be a fun time and hopefully the 100-degree temps will back off some.

Joel
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My digital Camera is ready!         Reply with quote

Joel Whitmore wrote:
The battery is charged and ready to go.

Ya know this is the first time Anduril will be taken for strangers to handle LOL. It should be a fun time and hopefully the 100-degree temps will back off some.

Sweet, Joel! I really appreciate the offer for pics! I'll have mine ready, too, I hope...

Anduril is a Cashen piece, isn't it? Nice... looking very much forward to that!

Oh, yeah, this blasted heat. I'll have something cool around, and the AC works, so if we get hot, we can slip back inside.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, folks... got "the box" tonight a couple of hours ago from Mike...

At this moment, there are 15 Albions in my living room! The Berserkr will show up tomorrow morning, which will bring the total to 16. There are no duplicate pieces!

Right now, there are 29 Next Gen and 4 Museum Line pieces in active production... we have HALF of them!!!

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron;

So will Albion have to take legal action to get their swords back ? HMMMMMM: Possession, they say is 9/10 of the law ! Razz Razz Razz

Or, how much is it going to hurt sending some of them back Evil Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Aaron;

So will Albion have to take legal action to get their swords back ? HMMMMMM: Possession, they say is 9/10 of the law ! Razz Razz Razz

Or, how much is it going to hurt sending some of them back Evil Laughing Out Loud

I'm looking at it as a preview of what my collection might look like in a few months. Eek! Out of the 8 pieces (!) that Mike & crew sent, I eventually want 6. Can I just tell you that the house is loaded up with pointies right now?

I'm honestly in a bit of sword overload right now. There's nowhere to sit! I still need to get a table set up... I had them all placed on the bed, but when it was time to crash, I had to put them on the couches.

I've picked up a few nice pieces here recently, so my craving is pretty much under control... I do plan on really getting to know each piece, and will have a much clearer understanding by the time I decide to pick any of these babies up. When it comes time to send them on, I'll be strong, keep a firm jaw... Razz Like I said... I'll be seeing a few of these again someday.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A great big thanks to all the folks who made the trek out. The afternoon turned out to be really decent, lots of good conversation, sharing of viewpoints, and a merging of different perspectives - Historian, Collector, and Practitioner alike.

We laid waste to an invasion of pool noodles... compared and contrasted a lot of pieces.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jul, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
an invasion of pool noodles...

Makes you question their intelligence. An unarmed invasion of a swordsmen infested lot? What were they thinking? Perhaps they aren't all that dangerous after all. Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Louisiana Round Table Event - 30 July, 2005
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: