albion swords like the 13th century one by peter johnsson?
Hi
i have been after a sword exactly like the Custom 13th Century Type X one by Peter Johnsson for a long long time especially the combination of the style 2 cross and the X or XII blade. but with my current financial problems i cant afford a custom one anyone have any idea if albion are going to have any like this in the future or anywhere else i can get a similar sword?

thank you
lee

like this one --> http://www.myArmoury.com/review_pj_bj.html
One of Albion's upcoming "Next-Generation" swords is a Type-XII that matches your description. A VERY tentative date would be next spring, according to some posts by Albion people on this board. I will be looking at that one myself when it comes out.
If you cannot wait that long, or if $680 is above your price range, Angus Trim makes several models at a lower price point (circa $350-400) which would suit your tastes. You might want to check out this website: www.allsaintsblades.com
There are quite a few to choose from, but check out in-stock models AT1211 (a Type-X) and AT1314 (a Type XII).

Hope this helps,
Brian M
thanks brian .........$680 (400pounds) hmm thats not to bad if its out in spring i should be able to save up for one by then.
can anyone from albion confirm thats its going to be out around then?
Brian M wrote:
Angus Trim makes several models at a lower price point (circa $350-400) which would suit your tastes. You might want to check out this website: www.allsaintsblades.com
There are quite a few to choose from, but check out in-stock models AT1211 (a Type-X) and AT1314 (a Type XII).

Hope this helps,
Brian M

Might I suggest the AT1215 at allsaintsblades.com. It is a type Xa with a spike cross. It handles and cuts like a dream.

It is at the top of my "must buy" list.

John
Lee -- It might be premature to pin Albion down on the spring release. Not saying that it won't happen, but it sounds like they are very busy with the first batch of Next-Gen Vikings and getting the Museum line up and running. Question is, what is the right choice for you? According to those who have handled the next-gen Gaddhjalt, the next-gen line will be the finest "production" swords made. That helped me to make the decision to spend the extra money for the best I could afford in purchasing a N-G Gaddhjalt. That said, I came very close to purchasing an Angus Trim sword due to the reasonable price, acceptable aesthetics, and good performance reputation. You'll have to decide what you really want in your purchase.

J Sharp -- Funny, I came extremely close to buying that Type-Xa model back when Christian Fletcher had it on his website. But, I was trying to stick to Lee's stated preference for a type-X, XII, and the Type-2 guard.

Regards,
Brian M
Hello All,

Just thought I'd add this to the mix...

Christian Fletcher offers a type 2 guard (hand-forged, I believe) that he can put on any ATrim or Albion model for an additional $65.

[ Linked Image ]

Regards,

Mike
Mike Fletcher wrote:
Hello All,

Just thought I'd add this to the mix...

Christian Fletcher offers a type 2 guard (hand-forged, I believe) that he can put on any ATrim or Albion model for an additional $65.

[ Linked Image ]

Regards,

Mike

hmmmmmm thats worth thinking about thanks m8
is it just me or does that picture of the type 2 cross look a bit out of shape?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: