Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where's the MRL sale? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
D. Rosen

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Sat 14 May, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Where's the MRL sale?         Reply with quote

The MRL site advertised a huge sale today, May 14, 2005...where is it?....there's nothing discounted, changed, or anything...
G. Scott H.

PostPosted: Sat 14 May, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's the MRL sale?         Reply with quote

D. Rosen wrote:
The MRL site advertised a huge sale today, May 14, 2005...where is it?....there's nothing discounted, changed, or anything...
Yeah, I saw there was going to be a sale too. I assume it was a one day only deal, where if you called in your order or ordered via credit card through the website, they'd give you the discount at that time. I don't know for sure. Question They always have these sales when I'm broke! Eek! Mad Laughing Out Loud
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sun 15 May, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Where's the MRL sale?         Reply with quote

G. Scott H. wrote:
D. Rosen wrote:
Yeah, I saw there was going to be a sale too. I assume it was a one day only deal, where if you called in your order or ordered via credit card through the website, they'd give you the discount at that time. I don't know for sure. Question They always have these sales when I'm broke! Eek! Mad Laughing Out Loud

I tried to call in, just to find out what, exactly, was on clearance. They just had their regular, weekend "call back during normal business hours" message, so there was no way to place an order over the phone.
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Mon 16 May, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

They have a few things under 'weekly specials' and 'closeout' but nothing too exciting, although that Dress Dagger looks kinda nice. -Ted
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
D. Rosen

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Mon 16 May, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Its the same stuff that's been there for months. None of that went on sale despite what the ad claimed, nor was anything new added or anything else discounted. Smells like false advertisement to me.
G. Scott H.

PostPosted: Mon 16 May, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

D. Rosen wrote:
Its the same stuff that's been there for months. None of that went on sale despite what the ad claimed, nor was anything new added or anything else discounted. Smells like false advertisement to me.

Yeah, it's looking like bad times at MRL. My fairly recent less-than-satisfactory emails with them, Patrick Kelly getting cheated on his spear buttcap, no apparent sale when one was clearly advertised, and I've also noticed their site has been down pretty frequently over the past couple of weeks. Eek! You've got to wonder what's going on over at MRL. Mad
BTW: Edward, I kind of like the Dress Dagger too. Look here for some great pics of it. Happy http://www.reliks.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=1688&step=4
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Thu 19 May, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As I understand it, this annual sale is showroom-only. Gotta show up in Conyers to cash in. But, maybe the stuff that didn't sell will soon be discounted in the catalog. And, considering the tastes/interests of the majority of MRL customers, that may mean that some of their better pieces will be dumped at bargain prices. $160 for an Arbedo or Irish Two-Hander? $120 for an Estoc or German Falchion? $100 for a Swiss Axe or Badelaire? We can only hope.
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
George Hill

PostPosted: Fri 20 May, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sean Flynt wrote:
As I understand it, this annual sale is showroom-only. Gotta show up in Conyers to cash in.

It is a local only sale. It's over now obviously, but basically, you show up, anything is 15% off, and anything damaged and discontenued is much cheaper.

In past years I'd come back with a real haul, but this year all I got was a sharpening stone. Damnit, I forgot to buy metal glow.

You remember my mentioning I had a glaive in another post? Well, I thought I got the last one, since they had two at the sale about 3 years ago, and I got one of those, and I thought someone else got the other. That's why I was suprised at your just having bought one.

I was hoping to get a cinqueda, but I didn't quite like what I saw when I got there.

The only temptations were some sort of halberd heads. They were the right shape, but not exactly all that sharp, and most importantly to me, they lacked langets.

Oh, they had quite a number of discounted main gauches. But then, that's the hindu stuff, so I passed it up.

To abandon your shield is the basest of crimes. - --Tacitus on Germania
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

George Hill wrote:
Sean Flynt wrote:
As I understand it, this annual sale is showroom-only. Gotta show up in Conyers to cash in.

It is a local only sale....

I am a little bit annoyed because MRL sent me a card in the mail for that sale. The card said "Call Toll-Free...", so it implied, to me, that one could at least participate in the sale by telephone. I am 450 miles away. I didn't think they would expect that someone would drive 900 miles round trip to save 15% on products at those price levels. MRL probably just didn't put that much thought into it. Oh, well. It's not that big a deal.
Bruce Wilson

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sean Flynt wrote:
As I understand it, this annual sale is showroom-only. Gotta show up in Conyers to cash in. But, maybe the stuff that didn't sell will soon be discounted in the catalog. And, considering the tastes/interests of the majority of MRL customers, that may mean that some of their better pieces will be dumped at bargain prices. $160 for an Arbedo or Irish Two-Hander? $120 for an Estoc or German Falchion? $100 for a Swiss Axe or Badelaire? We can only hope.

We can indeed hope - I'd consider an Arbedo and one or two of the other historic swords if they were to turn up at a sensibly discounted price. The shiiping would undoubtedly still sting though...

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where's the MRL sale?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic