Hunting for a picture
Hey guys I'm looking for some pictures of scabbards that might go with a katzbalger. I tried doing a search through Nathan's archives here but perhaps I'm not putting in the right search words. Also took a look at Marco's site without success and of course there are some pictures on Lutel's site but they aren't what I'm after. Basically I'm looking for a picture that has a metal chape at the bottom with curled out ends if that makes sense? I know I've seen this picture before but I just can not for the life of me remember where.

Thanks guys
Did you see this?

http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/photo/1164.html

Notice the narrow profile and extremely thin cross-section of the scabbard. Also notice the included sheaths for the by-knives: an extremely common feature on most katzbalger scabbards.
How about...

Attachment: 41.3 KB
dsoeld.jpg

Thanks guys, are those pretty typical you think? The picture I've got in my head had the curled bits of the chape standing away from the scabbard a bit. Hmmm. You guys see where I'm going with this? ;) As for the by knives I probably will leave them out since I don't actually own any.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: