Outages?
Has anyone else experienced difficulties with myArmoury over the last week or so? I've had some instances where I just plain couldn't get the site to come up and others where it's been very slow. It very well could be something on my end, just checking...
It's not you. I just spent the last hour trying to get on. I think it's the server. (?)
It's not the server. We've been up non-stop. There have been some routing issues along the various backbones that serve California-based hosts. These problems are preventing many from getting to the server. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks, Nathan. It's frustrating for everyone, but knowing what's up helps.

So it sounds as though it isn't a problem we have on our end, or the server has there; rather it's something out of our direct control. Hopefully, whatever it is, will get sorted out soon.
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
So it sounds as though it isn't a problem we have on our end, or the server has there; rather it's something out of our direct control.

In this case, yes. In some other cases, it's been the fault of the server. We've grown 450% in the last 7 months. Our traffic is through the roof. Our bandwidth usage grows constantly. The resources we use on this site are extreme. It's been difficult for me to keep up with the needs of the site. There have been moments when the server suddenly reboots or requires some maintenance. imagine my own frustration. It continues to be a lot of work. The site needs to be put on its own box and co-located at a place that has huge resources available, but I'm not able to afford that solution so we'll have to deal with it for now.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
In this case, yes. In some other cases, it's been the fault of the server. We've grown 450% in the last 7 months. Our traffic is through the roof. Our bandwidth usage grows constantly. The resources we use on this site are extreme. It's been difficult for me to keep up with the needs of the site. There have been moments when the server suddenly reboots or requires some maintenance. imagine my own frustration. It continues to be a lot of work. The site needs to be put on its own box and co-located at a place that has huge resources available, but I'm not able to afford that solution so we'll have to deal with it for now.

Not a problem I just wondered if it was me...
Me too. Doesn't respond sometimes or gives error messages when moving from page to page.
Ditto, the error message moving from page to page is popping up.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
So it sounds as though it isn't a problem we have on our end, or the server has there; rather it's something out of our direct control.

Timing is poor for me, but it sounds like we may just need another community fund raiser!
Joe Fults wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

Timing is poor for me, but it sounds like we may just need another community fund raiser!

Yup. It sure does.
Joe Fults wrote:

Ugh. We just had one. We just need to stop growing so fast :)

Wait. That's probably not a good solution! :cool:
I get Server not found and this:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/virtual/site116/fst/var/www/html/stats/config.inc.php on line 96

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site116/fst/var/www/html/stats/config.inc.php on line 97

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/virtual/site116/fst/var/www/html/stats/function.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/virtual/site116/fst/var/www/html/stats/function.php on line 37
:: Error in mySQL ::
mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
In the file: /home/virtual/site116/fst/var/www/html/stats/function.php
Line number: 37
Error number: 2002

Can it be something to do with that KoH movie, every one look for sword and armo(u)ry cool stuff :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: