Armour of the English Knight by Tobias Capwell
Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Toby Capwell’s new book, Armour of the English Knight, Volume 3.
Is now available for preorder. If you preorder you get a 10 pound discount.
I highly recommend these books. The link is below.

https://www.olympiaauctions.com/about-us/publications/armour-of-the-english-knight-continental-armour-in-england-1435-1500-by-tobias-capwell/?fbclid=IwAR2PRQ--29DmZ5iByCPsOgMtL5U1hLUsB9ftA0MKz6MH1KRjC5Y7zfMW2ao

Thanks,
Todd
In an interview with Matt Easton, Dr. Capwell says that due to the economic crisis in the UK and the rise in the cost of paper he needs 50 more presales to pay the cost of production.

The shipping fee outside of the UK is highway robbery, but good books on armour go out of print quickly and are never reprinted. I outlined volume 1 here.
Thanks for the link, Sean, and the book info. Dr Capwell needs only 49 pre-orders now, or even fewer if other armour nuts sign up as well. Neil
To bring this saga up to date: vol.3 of Capwell's magnum opus, 'Armour of the English Knight', was published just before Christmas, pre-order price was £95, inc. P&P/delivery. I don't know what the current price is but it will be worth it!. The book is magnificent, extremely detailed in text and illustration. Hundreds of photos of actual armour now as well as plenty more of effigies and brasses. I cannot recommend this book too strongly - go and buy it even if you have to go without food for a week.
Neil

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: