Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The online sword community of tomorrow? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Victor R.

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Thu 20 Oct, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have no family (other than the dog), I'm underemployed so I really can't help financially at this time, but am considered "the editor from hell" by many former colleagues. Wink

I'd be happy to give things a read and a polish. I have been told I'm good at making grammatical changes without taking away the voice of the author - there are often many ways to say something correctly and clearly, and keeping the personality of the individual author is important to me when I edit.
Perry L. Goss

PostPosted: Sat 22 Oct, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Due to a lot of reasons I do not spend as much time on this forum as I used to. I still browse. This is the first post in a long time.

Summary:

Facebook? Will never look at it. Am so...tired...of that medium its not funny. Main reasons have already been presented by others.

Resource? Fantastic. Unparalleled. I recommend this site all the time to friends who want excellent on-line info that is easy to search.

Things change? Economy and COVID have had major impacts on the entire field that is represented by this forum. As well as other "hobby" fields. Not much we can do about it.

Smartphones? Which is worse, smart phones or Facebook? Not sure, toss a coin. Not going into my professional life, but the use of smartphones has seriously degraded a number of aspects of communication. Sure, they are handy. Getting directions on and ordering pizza? Sure. Ever try to write/read a peer reviewed 10 page paper with sources on it from a smart phone? WTF?!

Monetary: Gosh, I would ante up some dinero to assist. As others have said, we lose this forum...we lose a treasure.

Scottish: Ballentine, Black, Cameron, Chisholm, Cunningham, Crawford, Grant, Jaffray, MacFarlane, MacGillivray, MacKay-Reay/Strathnaver, Munro, Robertson, Sinclair, Wallace

Irish/Welsh: Bodkin, Mendenhall, Hackworth

Swiss: Goss von Rothenfluh, Naff von Zurich und Solland von Appenzel
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 24 Oct, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've had a couple people volunteer for editorial work. Thanks! I'll reach out separately and we can chat some more. At this point, though, to really move forward I'd need to have more volunteers in a number of areas. I should point out that there aren't any firm plans to announce right now. I'm waiting to see what kind of volunteers step forward so Nathan and I can discuss options. Anyone interested in helping out, please reach out to me. Happy

I'm personally committed to doing what I can to keep things running, but I'm one person (joined by an awesome couple of potential editors!). Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The online sword community of tomorrow?
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: